[vb_main_1]

1930s & 40s quilting fabric

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1930s & 40s quilting fabric

Somewhere in the back of my mind I think Heather (Learning-as-I-Go) might have expressed an interest in vintage block some time ago?... I met Michelle Hill, a vendor at a Sewing and Quilting Expo earlier in the year but had misplaced her card and just found it. She carries 1930s and 1940s blocks in her Barboursville, WV venue called "WV Quilt". I believe she does online business and takes her goodies on the road to quilt shows. While I don't collect such fabrics, I remember someone expressing an interest in this topic so I asked Michelle for her card. Sorry it took me so long to post it. The email address for Michelle Hill is mailto:wvquiltshop@yahoo.com in case someone is still interested.

Originally posted by Renata
    Somewhere in the back of my mind I think Heather (Learning-as-I-Go) might have expressed an interest in vintage block some time ago?... I met Michelle Hill, a vendor at a Sewing and Quilting Expo earlier in the year but had misplaced her card and just found it. She carries 1930s and 1940s blocks in her Barboursville, WV venue called "WV Quilt". I believe she does online business and takes her goodies on the road to quilt shows. While I don't collect such fabrics, I remember someone expressing an interest in this topic so I asked Michelle for her card. Sorry it took me so long to post it. The email address for Michelle Hill is mailto:wvquiltshop@yahoo.com in case someone is still interested.
    I just saw this, as I so rarely pop in this sub-forum, but yes, that was me! Thank you!! I have a quilt I need to repair, and vintage fabrics would be excellent for it. Also I am collecting (well, sort of) Kansas City Star patterns; my grandfather's mother collected them, and he now has the originals, so my grandma is scanning them and emailing us scans; "one day" I'd like to do a quilt using them. Would be very fun to have actual vintage fabric for some of that, instead of reproductions. Wow.

Thank you for posting! (and, i'm still surprised when you guys remember me/think of me! thank you!!)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 75 users online. 0 members and 75 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X