[vb_main_1]

Misty Fuse

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misty Fuse

I came across this very interesting tutorial this morning. Anyone try basting a quilt with misty fuse? I know I am intrigued. http://quiltcetera.wordpress.com/2010/04/20/705/ Check it out!

While it is intriguing I think it would be expensive.

Comment

I found a new use for misty fuse.... it works great to make a repair in ur quilt. I had accidently snipped my quilt in a couple of spots when cutting away the back of the applique. Using misty fuse and matching fabric from behind... u can't even tell!

Comment

I wouldn't use MistyFuse to baste a quilt due to the cost.

Comment

I just saw a you tube video where the lady used fusible tape to baste the quilt. She cut off little snippets and spaced them similar to using pins then press's. Might give this a try.

Comment

A while ago, I mean couple of years, I think, I bought an entire roll (100 yds) of misty fuse - I remember I didn't know what I'd do with the stuff, but it was on some amazing sale. (That's me - buy on sale now, figure out how to use it later)! I recently read a tute about using it to baste a quilt. I tried it last night, and I want to tell you, it's the best discovery I've made in a long time! But in looking at today's prices, I can certainly see why the cost is outta sight now. I liked this method so MUCH, you bet I'll always be keeping my eyes open for another sale and stock up some more. The stuff is better than great. :shock:

Comment

I really like the idea of using bits of it as though they were safety pins! Price conscious yet effective. Thanks!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 185 users online. 0 members and 185 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X