digital fabric dying

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sewdreamy
    Originally posted by cjbeg
    [size=150][color=#0000BF] If you could get Santa to bring a Wacom tablet along with it, I think you would enjoy that too...there is a learning curve for all of this.
    My son has the Wacom tablet, and will be going into the Navy. so I might just try to keep it warmed up for him while he is in bootcamp and all the schools. :lol:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Cheryl, I'm sure he'd appreciate that. :lol: :lol: :lol: God bless him as he goes into the Navy. Cheers, BJ

Comment

A new book just available on this subject is "Digital Imagery on Fabric, Creative uses for you digital images by Ruth Brown"
        and is available from http://www.stonecreeksilk.co.uk I am thoroughly enjoying all the new information I am finding out about digital images and about different types of printers and inks in this book and think it is great.

However I admit to being biased because :wink:

a) Ruth is a friend of mine
        b) it has photos of some of my work in it.

Advert over and hope I don't get struck off for doing so, but it is still a great book.

Cheers

Comment

Great work Betty Jo. I did something innovative along that line when making DH's Beatles "All You Need is Love" Quilt. I knew I wanted a certain size image of the Yellow Submarine against a certain color blue background. I needed 4 of these for corner blocks. So, I took an image of the sub, printed it out on fabric (after adjusting the background color in paint shop pro) and, Viola! Just what I need for my quilt.

Carla

Comment

Carla, That's cool! Great use of this technique! I just love being able to do these kinds of things (and share how on this site). It's just plain fun! I also am finding that "painting" the faces of my quilt characters is a great use of this technique. I have many ideas that involve people and the fact that faces and hands were needed always gave me pause.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X