[vb_main_1]

Spools, spools, glorious spools.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spools, spools, glorious spools.......

Does anybody here have the same problem that I had? There always seemed to be some odd spools of thread hanging around that I didn't have the time to put away, or that didn't really have a home (yet). And spools can roll..... So I used to have to pick them up from the floor all the time. Not anymore!

Enter the "Free with a bottle of Southern Comfort plastic jug" - drum roll! I didn't know what to do with that free jug. I have enough jugs. I nearly tossed it in the bin, but it actually looked not bad. So, here it is, my very special 'vessel' for those odd spools of yarn. They are all nicely contained and I can move them to wherever I want them.
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Lorchen, I really, really hope I get to meet you someday. . . . .If I see that you've posted, I always read yours first. Beverly

Comment

Ah ha! I have one of those and I've been using it for my bird seed. One of those filled with Niger seed fills my two holders perfectly!!

Comment

Gosh..... those spools are breeding......... (Giggle)

Comment

Big surprise on Saturday. The postman delivered a rather large, but very light box. I had been posted somewhere in the Chester area, but there was no sender's address on the outside or on the inside. The contents of the parcel has now joined my favourite quick spool storage. All I know is that there is a TQS member in the Chester area who loves Southern Comfort and has a sense of humour. The only note inside the box was a printout of the TQS symbol.

So, all I can say: 'Thank you very, very much!!'
          And should we ever meet: 'Drinks are on me!!'

Comment

How wonderful!

Comment

Oh, man! Sounds like time for a party!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Too funny to get such a package!
                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
                Tired. 
                Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
                Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

What a wonderful story. Don't you just love when unexpected things like this happens? What I wonder about is that this is the first day my View New Posts in the Forum finds this thread. But then I got the continuing story as a whole.

living in Central Denmark
                  Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What a wonderful surprise. There is so much joy in something unexpectedly wonderful.

Comment

Lol!!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Hey, Pam! Do you have friends or family in the Chester area?? Have you travelled in the North-West of the UK recently?? Do you regularly enjoy a large Southern Copmfort?? The SC Fan must be someone who has access to my snail mail address.

The odd poly threads have migrated to their own jug overnight, and a couple of stray shiny threads have taken up residence in the third jug. Will they now all start a breeding programme??

Thanks a lot again to the TQS member who provided me with this lovely and unexpected surprise!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 351 users online. 0 members and 351 guests.

Most users ever online was 358 at 04:14 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X