[vb_main_1]

A good time to shop!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good time to shop!

Time to shop for school/quilting supplies! Many of you know that I use CRAYOLA WASHABLE MARKERS for marking quilting lines on my tops. I just bought a pack of 8 (fine line) markers at Wal-Mart for $1.50! The regular price is $4.99. What did you pay for your last washable marker? I'm just sayin'......
    They also have washable glue sticks and Elmer's Washable School glue for appliqué projects on sale for really good prices right now too. It's a good time to stock up!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Factoring in the cost of a plane ticket, I'm going to pass just this once.....

Actually, I should put in my diary for some time in late August: Drive into Nottingham and have a look if the large stationary shops have any offers that could be useful. Thanks for the reminder, Margo!
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I am trying not to think about back to school as that means back to work for me and I just love my summers at home fulltime but that is a great idea. I have never thought of checking out school supply sales for quilting stuff.

Comment

Margo, I totally agree. I gotta go check out the school specials. I'll wait until the hinged pencil boxes go on a real special deal though. I read about storing log cabin strips cut to size in them.

Coast of South Carolina USA
        Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

And I was at WalMart earlier tonight...walked right by the school supplies that were setup by the door! It never even clicked that I should check them out. Guess I'll go back early tomorrow.
          TTFN from Judy

Comment

I love love love back to school sales! Especially since all the kids are gone-I get to buy what I want instead of what they need! :wink:
            TTFN from Judy

Comment

Our Wal-mart never seems to have the great prices that yours has Margo.
              TTFN from Judy

Comment

Lorchen....... What and how much do you want? I will ship it to you!

Here in North Carolina we are coming up on our tax free weekend for back to school stuff!

Barbara

Comment

Margo, thanks for the great tip. I might have missed it if you had not pointed it out...I stocked up in markers and glue. Cheers, BJ

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

That's a very generous offer, Barbara! Thank you very much! But, like so often with things like this, you know you want it when you see it in the shops.

I have been saving up for several months now because the largest quilt show in the UK is coming up in mid-August and it's nice to be able to do a little shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                      Time to shop for school/quilting supplies! Many of you know that I use CRAYOLA WASHABLE MARKERS for marking quilting lines on my tops. I just bought a pack of 8 (fine line) markers at Wal-Mart for $1.50! The regular price is $4.99. What did you pay for your last washable marker? I'm just sayin'......
                      They also have washable glue sticks and Elmer's Washable School glue for appliqué projects on sale for really good prices right now too. It's a good time to stock up!
                      Today, I purchased from Walgreens a package of Crayola Supertips Washable Markers Draw Thick/Draw Thin 20 pack which includes 5 Silly Scents. They were priced at $2.99 ($3.99 with a $1 off Walgreens' ad coupon), but the shelf sticker said $3.99 -$3 mail-in rebate=$.99 When I asked for the rebate form, I was told that the rebate had expired and the shelf sticker should have been removed. However, they gave me the rebate in cash anyway. So, I actually got the markers for FREE :!: You can't beat that price.

I hope these markers work the same as the ones in the 8-pack. I'll have to test them on some scrap fabric first.

Comment

Good for you, Nancy! As my brother always say...."Free is better than cheap!" :lol:

Comment

I actually saw so Elmer's glue over here in Hobbycraft the other day. Of course we pay through the nose for it but I can wait for the sales too! Our kids are getting ready this week.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 120 users online. 0 members and 120 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X