[vb_main_1]

WD-40 Can Remove Basting Spray

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD-40 Can Remove Basting Spray

I had a bit of an "overspray" problem while spray basting the other day (see my blog from the other day if you'd like to laugh at me! :lol: ). community/my-profile/Bridget473

Well, I got a great tip about removing basting spray from unwanted areas from Mark Pfeiler (TQS member shpkpr) who owns Quilting on the Square in Holton, Kansas. (http://www.quiltingonthesquare.com/)

My mess cleaned up OK since it was on laminate flooring, but Mark had a different problem since his area was carpeted. Here's what he wrote to me after having a similar experience in his shop....

"OK ladies just want to pass a little tip that we discovered the hard way. WD 40 dissolves basting spray. Be sure to open all the windows when using it as it can coat your lungs also."

Thanks Mark for the great tip!

Shreveport, Louisiana
    Bernina 440QE

Did he tell you this today? It's not an April Fool is it? I really wouldn't want to spray WD40 on my carpet ... :shock: :shock:

Shreveport, Louisiana
    Bernina 440QE

Comment

Well I read it today, but he sent it to me yesterday so I think we're safe from it being an April Fools joke! But I'd test a small area of the carpeting first.

Shreveport, Louisiana
      Bernina 440QE

Comment

When someone tries this I'd like to hear what is needed to get the WD40 out of the carpet....Isn't that oily? Just wondering

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 112 users online. 0 members and 112 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X