[vb_main_1]

Quilting suggestions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting suggestions

I have purchased a Beatrix Potter panel , crib size, of a mother rabbit and a couple of baby rabbits sitting in a field I need help with how to quilt it as i have never quilted a pictorial panel before. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Jenny in Oz where the rain is bucketing down and the weather has finally cooled with the promise of winter on the way, my favourite time of the year.
    Jenny in Oz

It's a little difficult to say without seeing the panel, but I would free motion quilt around the designs, do some background filler like stippling in background areas, to make the main design stand out more. If the design is large, quilt some of the inside lines, such as main seams in clothing, etc.
    Jenny in Oz

Comment

It's also fun to outline quilt any clouds or trees or shrubs. You can add lines to simulate wind or sunbeams. You could stitch lines up and down for blades of grass. A panel is a great chance to try simple free motion and thread painting ideas! Have fun!

It's a great day! The last weekend of winter! Sun is shining!!!!
      Jenny in Oz

Comment

another idea is to cross-hatch the background and outline the major motifs on the print
        good luck!
        Jenny in Oz

Comment

How about bunny tracks?
          Jenny in Oz

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions they are great. I did try to put a photo in my profile but by the time i got there it had disappeared from my photo folder, off into cyberspace somewhere i suspect. I have some great stating points with your suggestions
            Jenny in Oz
            Jenny in Oz

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 84 users online. 0 members and 84 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X