[vb_main_1]

Handkerchief Quilt - Quilting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handkerchief Quilt - Quilting

I have taken on the task of quilting a handkerchief quilt and don't know where to start. Does anyone know where I can find examples of 'quilting' done on handkerchief quilts? I can find several pictures of these quilts but the quilting of said is not visible. Any help is appreciated.

You might get some ideas from TQS Show #202 with Cindy Needham. Also check out the gallery of quilts on her website for some major inspiration!

http://www.cindyneedham.com/home.htm

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thank you Margo for the advice. I did watch episode #202 and found the show very informative. I would still like to hear from anyone who might have seen a quilt pieced with several blocks of applique'd handkerchiefs. My concern is this, it seams to me that each block should be quilted differently, so how can I make the entire quilt cohesive? (One of the handkerchiefs is even circular)It's more or less a sampler of sorts. I will try to post a picture of the top if I am able to take a decent one.

Comment

Originally posted by Resasquilts
        I have taken on the task of quilting a handkerchief quilt and don't know where to start. Does anyone know where I can find examples of 'quilting' done on handkerchief quilts? I can find several pictures of these quilts but the quilting of said is not visible. Any help is appreciated.
        American School of Needlework have a booklet "Hanky-Panky Crazy Quilts" by Cindy Brick. This is about Handkerchief used in small quilts. Episode 409 (April 2009) is with Cindy Brick. You could wait and see.

I Live in Denmark, and watch TQS on the internet, so sorry it my spelling is't right.

Comment

Thank you Mollyfrida! I love Cindy Brick's website. Great information. I will have to watch the upcoming show when available.[/img]

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X