[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Clean Up Your Sewing Room!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of Aug/beginning of September I cleared a significant portion of my sewing room (maybe 1/4) to make way for a new bookcase. But putting the new one IN, meant some rearranging of the old ones. Plus the floor for 3' out from the bookcases was 3' deep of STUFF!! ops: After that was done, it feels SO good to go in there!! I can nearly use all 4 sides of my big cutting table now.

Yesterday my eyes were tired of the mini quilting I was doing so I started to clean out my big closet in there. I'd guess the closet is 4' deep x 8' long. Huge! I couldn't walk into more than one shoe. ops: I threw out a LOT of stuff, have a big pile for Goodwill, and now it is time for a bit of rearranging. I'd like to move my mixed media supplies into there. Long goal.... making room in the big room of the basement for a long-arm.

It is so much nicer CLEAN!!
    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
    working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
    Tired. 
    Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
    Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Now I know why it's important to have a clean, organized sewing room. It's not so you can find something, it's so you can tell someone else where to find something. I can't get to my sewing room easily (a walking boot on one foot and a cast on the other). The doc says I can take the boot off to sew, so I can take me workshop tomorrow. But I need to bring stuff, so I'm trying to tell my hubby where to find what I want. I was going to shop my stash, but all my FQs are easier for him to find, so I picked some of those. Black fabric was found for the background, and all the tools were found as well. I'll take pictures when I get home.

Frances

Comment

Greg gets a star!! :wink:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Between vacation and a Katie PM workshop, I can't even find a place for my sewing machine. :shock: I want to clean but I don't have the storage room; I'm just moving piles from one place to another. I feel like one of those hoarders! ops: :cry: ops: :evil:

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

So...for everybody doing the 2011 BOM, how does your sewing room look right now? :lol: Mine has little piles all over the place again but I've got my RR fabrics in a plastic container. That'll be my starting point for cleanup.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
            Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I just did finish cleaning up my sewing room. Took about 1 1/2 weeks, but boy does it look awesome. I donated a bunch of drapery fabric scraps to the costume dept. and the local college, four bags unfortunately went to the trash, but four bags went to a local quilting group. I found fabric that was really old, probably from my late MIL.

Now I can start on other projects that I have planned.

Have an awesome day. Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by sewengel
                I just did finish cleaning up my sewing room. Took about 1 1/2 weeks, but boy does it look awesome. I donated a bunch of drapery fabric scraps to the costume dept. and the local college, four bags unfortunately went to the trash, but four bags went to a local quilting group. I found fabric that was really old, probably from my late MIL.

Now I can start on other projects that I have planned.

Have an awesome day. Sharon
                Sharon..now that you are done how about coming to Nevada and helping me tackle my messy "material world" ? I'll make sure you aren't hungry or thirsty and give you a nice cozy bed....I figure it would take about a week here also. Interested? :lol: :shock: :?: :!:
                Karen...wondering how I will ever get it done!

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

DS has recently moved out so I am sorting, crating and labelling my different WIPs. It was just starting to look a bit organised when I starting sorting fabric and doing preparation for the BOM. ITs all looking a disaster area again. Will get back to the organising/sorting again tomorrow. Have been to a big fabric sale today and got some lovely fabrics for my BOM. When I got all the fabrics I want purchased I post a picture.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Karen -- you set the date and I will be there with broom and BIG lawn bags in tow.

Comment

It looks like a tornado hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by sewengel
                        Karen -- you set the date and I will be there with broom and BIG lawn bags in tow.
                        Whoa girl....when I say clean out I don't actually mean throw anything away...I'd go into a faint and never recover! Maybe just pick stuff up...dust under it and put it back...neatly of course..tee hee!

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

We just moved to Las Vegas, NV, since my husband retired last month. My sewing room will be nice and clean when I unpack and put everything in it's place. When the sewing begins, I'm hoping I'll keep things in order, but I'm not promising anything! :lol: Judymc

Comment

Kaewn, maybe she meant she was going to clean it out of your room to put in hers ;o)

Comment

You girls just crack me up. I would purge and perhaps, wink, wink, some might just come home with me. LOL
                              Judy, you will have to get in touch with Bobbi Hueselman, I think I spelled that right, Whitewitchcraft. She lives near you and is a sweetheart.

Now you girls behave yourselves for the remainder of the day, I have to fix dinner. Blah Ritzy, if your room needs cleaned up... the offer is open.

Sharon

Comment

Yes, I've got to get in touch with Bobbi and join Desert Quilters (I was a charter member in the 1980's before we moved to CA).

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 268 users online. 0 members and 268 guests.

Most users ever online was 345 at 02:08 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X