[vb_main_1]

IDEAS ON EMBROIDERING WORDS ON QUILT

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDEAS ON EMBROIDERING WORDS ON QUILT

I want to put my daughter's favorite Bible verses on the quilt I am making her and I want to enter it in a quilt show. Which is better, hand embroidery or machine embroidery? I don't think I'm very good at the hand embroidery. But it may be difficult to program the ESante ESE 2 to do the whole verses as well. What is more likely to get it in a show? Jan

I don't know if this will help but when I am puting words on a quilt I find the font and size of font on my computer. Print it out the size I want; add it to my quilt (either pin or glue); stitch over it with a straight stitch; remove paper; and stitch over my straight stitches with satin stitch or any decorative stitch you want.

Comment

Ritzy that's brilliant! I have to remember that. Karen
      Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

How about stencils and fabric paint? Or rubber/foam stamps. Both come in alphabets.

Comment

I was wondering what would look best. Thanks for the ideas! I need to go to a class where I bought my machine on embroidery basics. They never have a class that's convenient. Or so it seems

Comment

It is one year and a couple of months later. The blocks were done by hand with a backstitch. The borders are on and it's time to quilt. Wish I could upload a picture but my computer isn't working and my cable from my camera is lost. How frustrating. If I plug in my memory stick the comuter doesn't recognize it. The software is supposed to say do you want to import pictures but it doesn't. dh and ds couldn't figure it out. Jan

Comment

Originally posted by ritzy
              I don't know if this will help but when I am puting words on a quilt I find the font and size of font on my computer. Print it out the size I want; add it to my quilt (either pin or glue); stitch over it with a straight stitch; remove paper; and stitch over my straight stitches with satin stitch or any decorative stitch you want.
              Ritzy, I'm a little "late" reading this one since it was posted quite a while ago, but it is fabulous advice! I'm going to try it with some of my quilting ideas too that are not words, but actual shapes I want to emphasize! Golden Hands yellow tissue paper on a roll, here I go! Thanx, Ritzy! :lol:

Shirley

Comment

You are very welcome!

Comment

Wonderful tip Ritzy.

Comment

The quilt came out great. It looks nice on her bed. I posted it in my quilts on my profile. Will try to post another here when my daughter gets home from camp. She has a camera. Next time I do this I'll use Ritzy's idea. Thanks, Jan

Comment

I'm also a bit late reading this thread, but Ritzy, your idea sounds great! I'm currently working on a flannel quilt that I'm quilting, and using some words. My sewing machine has decided that it doesn't like to do letters when I've got the walking foot on, sigh, so your idea might work great. Thanks!

Comment

The words on this quilt are obviously not embroidered, but I thought it was so cute that I just had to share.

Enjoy!

Solids Only Challenge Quilt by happylifedesigns, on Flickr

Comment

Nancy, love your adorable quilt! Thanx for sharing!

Hugs,
                          Shirley

Comment

Nancy, What a wonderful, uplifting quilt! Love the colors! Yes, thank you so much for sharing!

Dawn
                            In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Originally posted by sforster395
                              Nancy, love your adorable quilt! Thanx for sharing!

Hugs,
                              Shirley
                              I love this quilt, but sadly it's not mine and I did not make it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 31 users online. 0 members and 31 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X