[vb_main_1]

Nifty hand needle for burying tails

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nifty hand needle for burying tails

There is a needle I buy here in Switzerland called "Vue Fatiguee" or, loosely translated, "tired view." Instead of threading the needle, the thread slips in from a notch at the top and is held by a second eye. Wish I could post a photo. Anyway, I found that I can bury those tails or pull tails through the back that are too short to be threaded normally ... or because it is too much trouble the squinty way (mature women). If the tail is really short, I bury the needle to almost the eye, grab the end with a tweezer, and pull the thread over the notch until it is in the eye, then pull the needle through the fabric. Don't know if its available elsewhere, but I expect so. SAVE YOUR EYES FOR THE FUN STUFF!

I posted some upclose photos in my personal photos to show the needle and the results

Looking out the window at Lake Leman in beautiful Switzerland

great idea Libbi

We have needles like that here in America, but never thought of using them to bury tails.

Funny how the solution can be sitting right there infront of you and you don't see it until someone else points it out.

Thanks Cheryl

Comment

I too use those needles. Here in the US they are called Easy Threading by Dritz. Agreed, they are much easier on not so young eyes. Betty Ann

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I never even knew those existed.. Judy in AZ

Comment

Also called "self-threading" needles, I've found them to be especially helpful when doing hand-work in a moving vehicle, otherwise I have to wait for a stop before I can re-thread :lol:
          combining my eyes with unsteady hands is a rough go!
          Florence

Comment

You can also find them listed as handicapped needles. Sue Nichols uses these to take her threads to the back to tie them off. I love them.

Comment

Longarmers use those needles when we're doing custom work and we don't want to backtrack.
              eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
              Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Even tho they are not expensive, I was waiting for something I really NEEDED to spend my coupon at JoAnns!

Now I have them too! :lol: :lol:

Comment

I was looking at some of my needle packages and I do have some of those needles after all. Mine are made my Clover called self threading needles with the notch at the top. I never knew I had them. I think they were given to me at a class. Judy in AZ

Comment

I just used them to fasten off my machine applique threads on the backside. Was nice to be able to just "pop" the thread into them and then tie off and run thru the back.

Thanks!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X