[vb_main_1]

Quilt Pattern Tips

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Pattern Tips

On Elenor Burns quilt show quilt in aday I saw a great "short cut" for making the drunkards path pattern. I have always used my plastic template set for cutting out crazy curves. I thought the quilt went pretty fast making them like this but no the short cut Elenor taught was much quicker! You cut out squares say 12 inches. You would fold this square to get points centered set a side, now you would cut out say 8 inch circles sew the circles onto a piece of thin stablelizer. Cut a hole into only the thin stablelizer to turn your piece inside out then iron nice and flat. Mark back of each circle on stablizer to get center points. set the circle onto the square centered and sew around your circle with favorite stitch. Then you cut the square out equally down the middle both ways into four pieces and then you have four blocks.

She also showed placing these circles ontop of a block laying one ontop of the other 1/4 way for the hatchet pattern,by over lapping and tucking some under the others.

Now why didn't I think of That!

I'm amazed with all her short cuts in patterns there great!

Kathy

How cool is that. Eleanor is wonderful. I have a pieced border to do for a memory quilt and I think that might work.
    THanks or the heads up. Cheryl

Comment

One of the best ideas I ever got was from Bonnie Hunter's site. It's called leaders and enders. It's a great way to make half square triangles for a scrap project at the same time you working on something else. Check out her tips at: http://www.quiltville.com
      eileenkny 8)

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X