[vb_main_1]

Quilt show content

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt show content

I know the shows have to cater for everyone - but - you knew there was a but there right!- please don't lose sight of newbies who want to master the basics - and those of us who just love traditional quilting but are unable to travel to classes.
    Many thanks
    Needlelady

You might want to also look at the classrooms for information on quilting basics. For example, Laura Nownes (spelling?) has a classroom that a bunch of us took to improve our skills that covers the basics very well. These classrooms are available forever (as long as you're a star member). There's a lot of good information on the site that you'll find as you explore.

Nancy

Comment

Thank you very much- I have taken those -brilliant. I was simply making an observation for future planning of guests for the shows.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Needlelady

Comment

Thank you for show ideas. We really appreciate the input from the viewers to help us plan. We are currently putting together content from all of our shows and classrooms that will feature categories like beginning, applique, piecing, quilting etc. It's a huge task but we hope it makes it easier for people to access all of the content they need to sharpen their skills.
        Livermore, California, USA near San Francisco

Comment

I would also like to suggest the Show with Tommy Ramano( 1104 ) He was specifically chosen for newbie beginners - Thanks for the input - it is a balancing act as John suggested.

Comment

And I for one, very much appreciate it and love what you are doing. Whenever I think that 'this' show isn't really my style, I'm surprised at all the stuff I find to change my mind. There is always something new to learn and appreciate!!!

Comment

Thank you to all who replied. Just trying to make suggestions.

Needlelady

Comment

Needlelady--we appreciate suggestions--thank you.

Comment

The Quilt Show has been the greatest "quilting class" for years for me. I live in a rural area and the shows feature teachers that would never be available to me here. It's the same thing with Bernina webinars. I've sewn since I was early married (a LONG time ago!!), but I always learn something from those too. I've found that as time has gone by, my quilting interests/style has changed, so past shows are great resources for me. I think it's wonderful that there will be a way to access information to point to which show or classroom to refer to. That will help the "newbies", and the "not so newbies" as well. As usual, TQS is right on top of things!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X