[vb_main_1]

attaching crystals to quilts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAMA2TNT
    The self-stick crystals did not work on fabric. There were no instructions on the package. I tried heat with the iron, but that didn't work. The crystals were a little sticky on the back, but not enough to stick to the fabric. I ended up using Elmer's glue. So far, the crystals are still attached. This is on a wallhanging that will probably never be washed. For storage and transporting, I pinned a piece of fabric over the area of crystals to reduce any friction. There are less than 20 crystals, all in one area. I'd like to use crystals in another project that is ready for them, but would like to use different crystals/method of attaching them. Thank you, everyone, for commenting on this subject.
    For your next project, you might want to try to get some Swarowski Hot Fix crystals. These really work. I have found that some brands don't stay on as well. Here's a link you may find interesting: http://www.mjtrim.com/rhinestones-cr...ki-hotfix.html

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Thanks for the update! Yeah, glueing them all on individually stinks! I can remember doing that with a quilt long before there ever was Hot-Fix. But, if you ever have to glue them again, Ailene glue will put them there permanently. You can add any embellishments with Ailene's. (I think that is how you spell it. My bottle is missing at the moment.)

Dawn
      In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

I haven't tried anything like this before. May be I will try crystals for my next project.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 72 users online. 0 members and 72 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X