[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Thread for machine piecing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat, Your quilt is lovely. I can't wait to see 3, 4 & 5!

Comment

Well done, Pat!

Comment

Originally posted by pigtailpat
        Colonial Needle is now the owner of Prescencia Thread, and they are aware of the fact that their distribution is not as widespread as other threads that have been around longer (such as superior).
        Pat
        Pat, just to clarify...here is info from the Prescencia catalog:
        HISTORY
        Presencia Hilaturas, S.A. was founded in 1949 by Brothers Perez-Presencia. For over 50 years, the Presencia and Finca brands have been
        available in Europe, South America, and the Yucatan Peninsula. Distribution in the United States began in 2002 by Presencia U.S.A. and
        is now handled by Presencia America, a Colonial Needle Company. Presencia®, Finca®, and Fincrochet® are registered trademarks of
        Presencia Hilaturas, Valencia, Spain.

And from the Superior Web site:
        History
        Origins
        Superior Threads began in 1998 as an at-home business by husband and wife duo, Bob and Heather Purcell. Superior Threads was started out of the Purcell’s garage, and now spans over a 25,000 sq/ft facility in the red rocks of St. George, Utah.

So...Presencia is a Spanish company that has been around since for 63 years.
        Superior is an American company that has only been around for 14 years.

I know that Superior's customer service is amazing, and I really appreciate their efforts to educate their consumers about thread in general. Dr. Bob's lectures are full of valuable information about thread....not just about the Superior brand. I love Superior's products, and use a lot of them, but I also use other brands.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo -

thanks. The history you outlined reinforces my thought process that prescencia hasn't had a presence in the USA as long as superior. Sure prescencia is an old company overseas, but not in USA. Many quilters still haven't heard of prescencia, I know I didn't until recently. The difference in time is slight, only a 4 year difference - but so many women in my local guild has not heard or tried prescencia. Have no idea why this is.

Pat

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X