[vb_main_1]

Thread for 2012 TQS BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread for 2012 TQS BOM

Before I redeem my free thread coupon that I just got with my TQS membership renewal, I'd like some idea of which thread I should purchase. Does anyone know what Superior Thread we will need for the 2012 BOM?

Nancy,
    We won't see the BOM until the floor opens tomorrow night, unless Margo knows and will tell.
    Frances

Comment

I don't have a clue, but am looking forward to seeing what Sarah Vedeler has designed for us!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Oooh-er, the TQS BOM without 'the Margo' safety net :shock:

Comment

Thanks everyone! Please let me know ASAP as our coupon expires at the end of this year.

I haven't participated in a TQS BOM since 2009, so I really hope that the 2012 BOM is irresistible.

Comment

Nancy, I don't think you have to use the thread coupon strictly for thread. I could not think of a thread I needed so I used the coupon when I signed up for the new Superior University. It's a new program where you get a project with appropriate threads and instructions each month so you can try out a bunch of different threads and techniques. The coupon worked great for that.

Comment

I signed up for the Superior University as well. I think it will be a great learning experience and will introduce me to threads i've never used.

Comment

If time runs out I'd go for Masterpiece in a neutral colour. It'll work great in the bobbin.
                From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I ordered Masterpiece one for lights called "canvas" and one for darks forgot the name it is # 155 once I started using Superior thread I am hooked. My LQS has started carrying it of course it is difficult to carry every kind, she has started with Bottom Line and So Fine once customers discover it she will be able to bring in more.

Comment

Originally posted by snowladyns
                    I ordered Masterpiece one for lights called "canvas" and one for darks forgot the name it is # 155 once I started using Superior thread I am hooked. My LQS has started carrying it of course it is difficult to carry every kind, she has started with Bottom Line and So Fine once customers discover it she will be able to bring in more.
                    Her customers may need to be educated about the fact that it's OK to use polyester threads for quilting!
                    http://www.superiorthreads.com/educa...dition-or-myth

Comment

Pol-y-es-ter......... Really?!...... Are you sure??..... I would have never thought!...... Giggle

I was taught by an incredibly superb UK quilt teacher, Barbara Chainey, that you can test all threads, not matter what they are made of. You take a length, about 16 inches, wind the ends around your fingers on both hands and .... pull! You'll find that some threads tear immediately and most likely are too weak for any seams where they have to cope with a certain amount of pressure, others are impossible to break that way (They are the ones that may cut and shred your fabric and seams), and those that have some strength, but then break. Those are the most suitable for piecing, for example. I always thought that was excellent advice.

Comment

I received my Masterpiece thread today. Since I didn't need a particular color, I chose the Try Me sample at $5 and let the remainder of my coupon pay for the $3.95 shipping. I'm very pleased with the turquoise blue color that I got.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 162 at 11:28 PM on 05-25-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X