[vb_main_1]

thread that disolves

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

thread that disolves

Hi all, I have a question about thread that disolves. I am wondering if it is used on the bobbin thread also or is it only used on the top. Seems to me if the top disolves the bottom will fall off.. lol as you can see i'm confused.
    Judy
    Living Threads
    http://www.livingthreads.net

I use the water soluble thread on both top and bobbin. The top will dissolve, but if you have regular thread in the bobbin, you'll be quilting over it and even though the top thread dissolves, some of the non-water soluble basting thread will be caught under the quilting and might be time consuming to remove. Fi

Comment

I use it only on one side. Even quilted over, the other thread comes off easily (TV work).

BethMI

Comment

I use it in top and bottom, and store it in a ziploc bag with those little silicate bags that come in medicines, to keep it nice & dry. It will get sticky in humid weather if you leave it out, & then it breaks really easily.

Comment

Regarding the use of this thread in the bobbin, first, how tightly is it wound, how full should it be wound and how long a stitch length for basting?

thanks in advace.

Comment

Lissette, will you be using this on a domestic machine? Just wind it like a regular bobbin. If it breaks while you are winding it, try winding at a slower speed. When I baste on my domestic machine, I just use the longest straight stitch available, but the VANISH thread can be stitched at any length necessary for your project. Hope that helps!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thank you Margo, for the quick response. I will be using a domestic machine. I think i'll just try to wind it slowly. thanks again.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 46 users online. 0 members and 46 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X