[vb_main_1]

embroidery machine

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

embroidery machine

Hi, a friend of mine has been looking at a Bernina Deco, she wonders if it is as good as the embroidery module? Anyone got any experience of this machine?
    Thanks
    Lynn

Well, they are two different means of machine embroidery.

The Deco is a stand alone embroidery machine, with the current model utilizing an approx 5 x 7 hoop size and with usb port in the mnachine. With software like Explorations and Artista V5, you can edit purchased designs and send to the stick and you're good to go. The only larger hoop sizes available would be with a non-Bernina Hoop it All, which will give you double the size of the 5 x 7. The HIA has some limitations but it is there.

+ can use your sewing machine while embroidering.
    + easy to use
    - limitations on hoop sizes
    - limitations on editing within the Deco itself. You would want software of some sort if you want to do more than just the basic editing.

Embroidery modules.........need the machine. Depending on her Bernina machine model, editing capabilities can vary. What machine does she have? How computer savvy is she?

Comment

sHE has a 630 same as me, I have the module and am happy with it, she is not that computer savvy, ok, but not expert. she does not have any software so far, but will pass your comments on to her.
      Thanks
      Lynn

Comment

If she has the 630, I would prefer purchasing the embroidery module. For around the same(probably less) $$, she will have the ability to embroider without having to use the computer for power (as in the Auroras), she will have the option of different hoop sizes, small hoo, medium hoop, Large Oval and Mega Hoop. She can do basic editing within her machine and have a color screen, the Deco has only the LCD screen. With a basic editing program like Explorations, she can do lots of things with purchased designs and then send the design to the Bernina USB stick...then put the stick in the machine.

HTH

Kim

Comment

thanks, I have explorations and editor plus and am happy with those, I think she wanted to embroider at the same time as sewing! That was why she was looking at another machine. I will pass your comments onto her so she can make her own mind up.
          Lynn

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 273 users online. 0 members and 273 guests.

Most users ever online was 345 at 02:08 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X