[vb_main_1]

Plain old embroidery for words on quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plain old embroidery for words on quilt

I plan on putting scripture on a quilt I'm making. I was going to do a simple stem stitch to form the words. Any suggestions for the best way to do this??? Thanks, Jan

Jan,
    I'm planning on doing something similar. One of the gals in my bee watched me do a sample and told me to always have the thread go to the bottom or the top, not both. Make small stitches and use a hoop. My next sample turned out a lot better.
    Frances

Comment

I would think that you'd use the same technique as used in Redwork. There's lots of books and magazines and online websites that provide information on this. Alex A. has even given some TQS lessons on this topic.

Comment

I like having batting behind the piece I'm stitching to give it some body. Try a sample with a few techniques to see what looks best to you.

then keep the sample for your label!

Comment

Hi Pat! I noticed a quilt in the gallery this past week and I thought to myself that looks like a Pat Sloan pattern and whaddyaknow? It WAS. Nice to see you at TQS. You'll like it here and I know we'll like getting to know you better.

BTW I had the good fortune when I still lived in Virginia to see a trunk show you did for McLean QU. You and your husband were SO funny and entertaining and I was very inspired by your work.

Comment

Hi Patti!!

so glad you got to see me! I've been on here a bit but with all my internet groups that I host... well... I've had very little time to play here!!!

But I'm trying to visit more often... i love the internet!!

Be sure you are signed up for my newsletter and read my blog.. I post every day there

Hugs!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 294 users online. 0 members and 294 guests.

Most users ever online was 345 at 02:08 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X