[vb_main_1]

Bottom Line for Quilting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom Line for Quilting

Silk thread for quilting is not only expensive, it is hard to come by in my neck of the woods. When Gina Perkes (episode 308) stated she used BottomLine in her long arm machine quilting, I thought I'd give it a try in my Bernina 630. I bought a supply of BottomLine in one of my big orders from the USA and I have used it as bobbin thread in my quilting and embroidery but never as the top thread. Wow, I used it free motion, with the walking foot, and with the embroidery module to do quilting. Love it. It melted into the ditch stitching as well. Give it a try.

Looking out the window at Lake Leman in beautiful Switzerland

Thanks for that advice Libbi. I have used Bottom Line since it was reviewed on the show but I have never tried it on the top. I will now! Maggi

Comment

I will try that for the in the ditch stitching when I dig my first unfinished quilt back out. I've used it on bottom but not on top. Sandi in FL

Comment

Thank you Libbi. I will try using it in the top thread now. Its true, you learn something every day on TQS website. Pam

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Have you heard any comments about the strengh of BottomLine for the top stitch quilting? I mean, if it's strong enough for the bottom, I'm assuming its strong enuf for the top!

I'm going to ask Bob the Thread Guy today at the Festival. This sounds like a great alternative for silk on the top!

Comment

I love the Bottom Line "pre-wound bobbins" too. I bought them mostly for my longarm. I wanted a less thready look when I was micro stippling. Now, it's my thread of choice for my little Bernina 150 and my longarm when I SID(stitch in the ditch). Besides with the pre-wounds there is 118 yards of thread on each "L"-size bobbin!! That means less bobbin changes and more sewing & quilting, making me very happy customer!!
            Thanks, Bob & Libby!

Debbie S.
            SW~WA

Comment

I am convinced that machines, domestic or longarm, each have their own 'personality'. My Husqvarna Interlude does not like Bottomline (top or bottom), but loves all other Superior threads. My elderly and much loved Frister & Rossman Cub4 performs beautifully with Bottomline (top or bottom). So, I just use what my machines seem to prefer.

Lorchen
              From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I've also used Bottom Line for hand applique. It's a nice fine thread that hardly shows. Kind of like using silk. Love those Superior threads! I always use their varigated for machine quilting. Nancy in western NY - beautiful fall day!!
                From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 132 users online. 0 members and 132 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X