[vb_main_1]

Quilt Labels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Labels

I tried to embroider a quilt label yesterday, but it did not go well. I tried every trick I know, but nothing worked. Maybe someone can see where I am missing some piece of knowledge.

I used 3D software to design the label. I used a small script font for the lettering and a small design I had downloaded from somewhere of double hearts.

The lettering did not stitch out evenly and was solid thread nest behind all of it. I used the same thread in top and bobbin. For the design I used a bobbin weight thread in the bobbin and that stitched out quite well.

I'm using 100% cotton, Floriani thread and stabilizers. I hooped with a sticky back stablizer and floated a tearaway underneath.
    I used a new embroidery needle. I tried the thread sitting upright on a thread stand behind the machine and horizontally on the spindle.

I used a 170x100 hoop. The design would fit in a 100x100 hoop, I just couldn't find mine.

I can't think of anything else that might be helpful in figuring out the problem.

If any of you embroidery quilt labels, what lettering, size and style, do you use?

Joyce in MI

I have not tried digitizing an entire label to embroider yet, but had a great success recently with using a label from a fabric panel.

I simply ironed my Simply Stable onto the back and put it in the hoop, taking time to center it carefully. I used another tear away stabilizer underneath the whole thing.

On the machine, I simply chose the words I wanted and arranged the lines of text evenly. It turned out so nicely! I don't think I'll be hand-writing any labels anymore unless I want to include too much information.

Nancy in NY

Comment

I purchase most of my embroideries from embroidery library.com
      I have no problems. I typically use 2 layers of tear away behind 100% cotton fabric for my labels. I have 4D and it has a ton of fonts that I am able to use. They all have a recommended size to ensure good results.
      The only time I have a nest of thread is if my bobbin thread doesn't catch and the embroidery does not move forward.
      I've embroidered at least 100 labels like this with no problem.
      I hope this helps.
      Sylvia

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 57 users online. 0 members and 57 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X