Thread Storage

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread Storage

Hello, All!

I am looking for some options (or a good solution) for storage of 2000 yd thread spools. I do keep my smaller spools and embroidery threads in clear boxes that were designed for those size threads, but can't seem to find much on line for large spools (specifically the 2000 yd cones). Any advice or ideas?

Thanks,
    Mary Kay

MK,
    Here's a suggestion:
    http://www.target.com/Sterilite-Wide...rh=&page=1

I'm sure the drawers would be deep enough for the cones.

eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I have a vinyl shoe storage bag hanging on the back of my sewing room door. There are 22 sections, and I have my threads sorted by color and/or type throughout. It's handy, yet out of the way. If you like, I could take a picture for you.

Originally posted by mknavy90
      Hello, All!

I am looking for some options (or a good solution) for storage of 2000 yd thread spools. I do keep my smaller spools and embroidery threads in clear boxes that were designed for those size threads, but can't seem to find much on line for large spools (specifically the 2000 yd cones). Any advice or ideas?

Thanks,
      Mary Kay

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Mary Kay, on my way to Houston, I stopped at a JoAnn's Fabric store. They have a plastic container that looks like it would be perfect for storing the large spools of thread, it even has the little spool holders. Maybe you could check out joanns.com. Just a thought. WandaM
        Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

Thanks, Ladies, for all of the ideas! I am thinking that the hanging storage bag for shoes might be a great solution - I love to look at the thread as it inspires me while I am at my machine! Meanwhile, I found a couple of plastic storage boxes (probably for sweaters or boots) and am using those to keep them for getting dusty - Colorado is reknowned for it's dry dusty climate!). Thanks again all!

Mary Kay

Comment

Mary Kay
            Great idea on your thread storage,plastic see through containers. I use a small white wooden kitchen cabinet with doors,yes you have to keep dust off all threads or they will rott,same as moisture on threads it will dry rott. Now if only I didn't have so many loose threads hanging around. You know how Aleanor Burns throws scraps over her shoulders,I throw my loose threads to the floor! I'm always cleaning up loose threads,I'm bad- I don't use my cute thread bag. Daughter was over sewing curtains and she would lay her cut threads to left side of my table - I'm like what are you doing-I knocked them off to the floor and told her she was making my space messy-"We had a good giggle over that". She says you're the messy one mom! I'm Messy with the cut threads.
            Kathy

Comment

I always try to save space. Any storage place in my apartment is an organized place.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X