[vb_main_1]

TRANSFERRING DESIGNS TO MEMORY STICK?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRANSFERRING DESIGNS TO MEMORY STICK?

About a year ago, I replaced my Bernina 180E with a Bernina 640E. (lucky daughter got the 180) I subsequently discovered that the 640 won't take my Bernina embroidery cards -- just designs on a USB stick.

Is there any way, short of buying some sort of Magic Box device, to transfer designs from embroidery cards to the Bernina embroidery stick?

Of course, my computer is a Mac, which isn't compatible with anything to do with the Bernina.

I haven't done much embroidering (on either machine) so far, but would like to start using this feature, and hate not to be able to use the few embroidery cards I bought in the past.

Looking out the window at Lake Leman in beautiful Switzerland

Check with your dealer. The 640 does not come with editing software but it does come with a cd that contains artlink that allows you to transfer designs from your computer to usb (I think). Even if it doesn't, you might be able to put the emb card into your pc (if you have such a port) and save to your hard drive and then save to your usb.

If you dont' have a slot to put the card, you can try connecting your 180 to your pc using the same ports, and software that you were using before (probably artlink). Open artlink on your computer, turn on your sewing machine with emb unit attached and card inserted in your emb unit, and then select File> Read from machine and transfer designs that way. You will have to do this one at a time as far as I know.

If you have never used your computer to transfer designs before, you may have to see if you were able to use artlink with macs in the first place. If not, try getting a friend who has a pc to do this for you. Then buy her breakfast, lunch and dinner. :lol:

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks -- I'll try these ideas. My son, the computer whiz, is coming to visit in a couple of weeks, & hopefully can do something!

Comment

I have the Bernina 640 and in order to use designs from the USB stick I have to load the design into the Art program then save it to the stick. The ART program walks you through all the steps. The woman who helped me at the dealer didn't know how to get the design onto the stick.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 237 users online. 0 members and 237 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X