[vb_main_1]

Problem with thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with thread

A lady in my quilt guild (who is an experienced quilter) mentioned at our last meeting that she was having a terrible time with a particular thread and asked if anyone else had used it. It is Superior Masterpiece by Alex Anderson. She said it knotted and snarled badly as she was hem stitching a binding. The loose end was getting tangled with the other thread as it was going through the material. She asked the LQS owner if anyone else had had that problem and was told that there had been no complaints - everyone loves it. This lady has been quilting for years so I don't think it was something she was doing. Anyone in TQS land had any problem with this thread? Mary in still very hot and dry MS. Would someone please do a rain dance for us?

have her call Superior Threads or contact them through their website. It's possible it's just that spool of thread. I've had trouble with a few spools of King Tut at one point, contacted Superior and they replaced the thread. I did not have to send the spool back to them. Their customer service is excellent.
    It's also possible that the tension on the machine is too tight and it's fighting.

Happy quilting,
    Teri
    Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Comment

Was she hand or machine sewing? For hand sewing I always thread my needle before I cut the thread off the spool and knot the newly cut end. For me I have fewer tangles that way but have heard that it should be the other way around but it really depends on the wrap of the thread so maybe Superior is wrapped different. I have never used Superior Threads for hand sewing but I sure do love them for machine sewing and knowing that they stand behind their product is just an extra bonus. Ann

Comment

Mmmmhhh...... I have no problems with that thread. I have used it for machine piecing, satin stitching, stitching down bindings by hand, hand applique..... Never any problems.

Lorchen
        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

gran, I've never had any problems with that thread either and I've used it for machine as well as hand sewing. Your friend definitely should call Superior and ask about the problem. They offer great help.

I feel your pain for the heat.....it has rained here in this end of Mississippi some, but it only makes it more steamy and humid....I'm counting the days till September.

Dana in Olive Branch, MS

Comment

Dana it's hot down here too! The last two days I didn't even stick my nose out the door! The dog doesn't even stay out very long. I've been thinking about how folks lived before home AC units. Can't imagine. The couple of weeks after Katrina were unbearable. I love modern technology!

Comment

How is the quilt basted? If you use spray baste, that could be your problem. The glue from the spray baste really can put a drag on the thread while stitching as well as coat the needle with a glue build up.

I don't know if that is your problem but it is just another item in the mix.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 263 users online. 0 members and 263 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X