[vb_main_1]

new threads

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

new threads

Has anyone "discovered" a new thread they like? I stand before racks of threads and can go crazy looking at all the colors. I have to remind myself to buy thread that I can actually use for projects, not decorating my sewing room.
    Recently I've tried Presencia for machine quilting. I haven't done enough yet to have a real opinion of how it performs. I was practicing on my domestic machine. The colors are gorgeous.
    Recently, my LQS has been carrying Hemingworth Poly for machine embroidery and quilting. Again, the colors are just beautiful. It comes with a little domed cover to keep them dust free. I haven't tried it out yet but probably will by the end of the week.
    The problem is, I always want all of the colors when I see a new brand.
    There's so much out there, I really need to keep a notebook of what I've tried and what job they're best for!
    I love thread.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

I recently finished a quilt with lots of applique and used three different verigated King Tut threads from Superior for the applique and then for the macine quilting also. It did a beautiful applique stitch and the subtle color changes are beautiful.

Dana in Olive Branch, MS

Comment

I love King Tut, also. There's just so many threads to choose from and more and more are coming out.

Comment

A friend of mine who went to Houston, brought me back a set of Sue Nickels King Tut thread that I had requested. I just love King Tut thread. Right now it is my favorite. Surprisingly, I have used Coats and Clark varigated embroidery thread and have found it to stitch quite nicely.

Comment

I have been using Kinkame silk thread for appliqueing -- I love it!

Chelley

Comment

I haven't heard of kinkame silk thread or seen it. Where do you get it? Right now I'm doing some needle turn applique and trying YLI silk thread for the first time.
            I'll have to try kinkname.

Comment

I purchased it at Quilter's Quarters in Stockton, CA. I hadn't ever used it before, but the owner told me that it was really nice. It glides through ... well ... like SILK! This is my first hand applique project, so I'm no expert; however, I do really like this thread.

Here's a webstore that sells it: http://www.thatthreadshop.com/silk.htm

HTH,
              Chelley

Comment

I recently discovered Wonderfil threads. They have a full line, from a 100 wt matte finish poly in many colors that feels like silk, all the way to heavier threads for bobbin work. they're a Canadian company and I'm not sure if they have a US distributor yet. The 100 wt poly, called Invisafil, plays very nicely with my machine. I'm quilting my rhapsody quilt with it.

Comment

[quote="elsielf"]I recently discovered Wonderfil threads. They have a full line, from a 100 wt matte finish poly in many colors that feels like silk, all the way to heavier threads for bobbin work. ... they're a Canadian company and I'm not sure if they have a US distributor yet. quote]

http://www.quiltersthreads.com is going to be selling Wonderful threads online soon. I notice she doesn't have it listed yet, she just ordered in Houston, I think.

Brita

Comment

It's not new but I love the Aurifil thread for piecing. It's fine enough so that your seam allowance remains true.
                    Eileen

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

You can see my post above, but I really like this stuff! It is a new product, obviously.

BethMI

Comment

I just LOVE King Tut and it's a good thing I don't find it often around here or I'd go broke buying all the colors.

I also have used YLI, it's available more, but the more subtle color changes on the King Tut make the varigated really beautiful.

Still like silk for hand applique though.

Nancy in sunny western NY

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X