[vb_main_1]

Coats Mercerized Cotton Multi-Color quilting thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coats Mercerized Cotton Multi-Color quilting thread

I saw this thread in WalMart and decided to give it try. The verigated colors are very pretty and it sewed great in my Brother 1500s high speed machine. No skips or thread breakage. I will be using this thread a lot.
    Living Threads
    http://www.livingthreads.net

hi sewbug. finally another fan of the 1500!! a word of advice about the coats thread, tho. it leaves alot of fuzz in the bobbin area.
    Living Threads

Comment

I haven't tried the variegated Coat's thread, but I do use their solid colors sometimes. I keep a can of dust remover (canned air) next to my sewing area. It works great to just blow those dust bunnies out of there!

Chelley
      Living Threads

Comment

I just read an e-mail that talked about a teenager that used his dad's canned air to get high. I don't know how they think of these things but it killed the boy. Only God knows if this is true but it is something to think about. ritzy
        Living Threads

Comment

I have used the coats thread and was really glad when I'd used it up. I can't really say why except that I've had less trouble with the better threads. Never dreamed I'd become a thread snob.

Comment

I use Sewer's Aid on all threads. The shop guy that does the machine check up says he doesn't find much lint in my machines. I've been using Sewer's Aid for years and no problem with any of my machines, computerized or high speed.

Comment

Sewer's Aid?

Comment

Me too....What is Sewer's Aid ?

Comment

Sewer's Aid is a liquid gel that comes in a small squeezeable bottle made by Prym-Dritz. You apply a drop or two on your spool of thread, needle, scissors or other sewing tools. I bought mine at Hancocks Fabrics.

Ruby

Comment

Gloria H - try the NEW Coats & Clark's thread - it is much less linty and really quite good.

I had your same low opinion of the old C&C thread, but the new stuff is completely different. They have obviously changed their manufacturer, and it is really good. Plus, it is more universally available at non-quilt stores like Joann's, etc.

Frankly, I can't see much difference in quality between C&C and Mettler now -- and I was adamantly against C&C before.

BethMI

Comment

Thanks Beth. I'm going to check it out. I've seen the ads in the quilting mags and have thought about trying it. Gloria

Comment

I have always used Coats and Clark and I don't remember having any problems with it. I used their all purpose for piecing and their hand quilting thread for quilting. It's what my mom used. I have tried two other brands recently and either I bought the wrong weight or I'm using it for the wrong purpose but it breaks about every 6 or 8 inches. I say things I shouldn't everything I use it. I have used the new Coats and Clark and like it also.

Comment

I have a problem with using Coats and Clark for freemotion quilting. It just keeps fraying and breaking. Blurgg! When I leave the whole set up the same but changed to several other different brands of thread everything is fine again. Is it just me or has anyone else found this too?
                          Karen
                          Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by sewbug
                            I use Sewer's Aid on all threads. The shop guy that does the machine check up says he doesn't find much lint in my machines. I've been using Sewer's Aid for years and no problem with any of my machines, computerized or high speed.
                            Just a note about sewers aid. Check with your dealer about applying it to thread that runs through your tension discs. I have a Bernina and was specifically instructed by them NOT to apply this to the threads as it affects the inner parts of the machine.

I was told, however, that I could apply a drop to the machine needle to reduce the friction that sometimes results in thread shredding or breakage. It also reduced the glue build up from sticky stabilizers or adhesives during machine embroidery. This has worked very well so far.

Comment

Joann's sells the new kind of C&C thread, but I have recently been in some stores which continue to sell the old kind and which do not even carry the new kind.

If the spook looks like larger sizes of Mettler or Sulky, it is the new kind of C&C thread.

If the spool looks the same as always, with the rippled end cap, it is still the old kind.

BethMI

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 74 users online. 0 members and 74 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X