[vb_main_1]

Superior So Fine and Bottom Line

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superior So Fine and Bottom Line

Love to use this combination on my longarm ....... fortunately the longarm loves it too.

Anyone else?

I love Bottom Line in my bobbin. Lasts so much longer than other thread. I pretty much only sew with Superior Threads these days. Love all of them.

Comment

'Nother Superior fan here . I've used the So Fine/Bottom Line combo too, on my A1, with great results.

I just did a quilt with So Fine in the bobbin and Masterpiece on top - not recommended by Superior (they say the Masterpiece is for piecing) but hey, I only had the color I needed in Masterpiece so I gave it a try. Had to play with the tension some, but it worked just fine.

I live within striking distance of the Superior warehouse in St. George; great place to kill a couple of hours and a whole pile of money :shock: !

Jorja - thread hog

Comment

Originally posted by ljorja
        'Nother Superior fan here . I've used the So Fine/Bottom Line combo too, on my A1, with great results.

I just did a quilt with So Fine in the bobbin and Masterpiece on top - not recommended by Superior (they say the Masterpiece is for piecing) but hey, I only had the color I needed in Masterpiece so I gave it a try. Had to play with the tension some, but it worked just fine.

I live within striking distance of the Superior warehouse in St. George; great place to kill a couple of hours and a whole pile of money :shock: !

Jorja - thread hog
        Jorja, do you mean St. George, Utah???? Please say yes, as we'll be going through there on our way to and from Phoenix, AZ.

Comment

Oh dear, I just now noticed this reply - months later! Sorry.

Yes, St. George, UT. The candystore, er, I mean thread warehouse is right off the Bloomington exit on I-15 (Brigham Road).

Super helpful and friendly staff and, best of all, Dixie, the Purcell's sweet and ancient golden retriever is often there to greet you. Please note that it is a warehouse and not a storefront, so it's always a good idea to call first and make an appointment so you don't show up when they're in the middle of a rush shipment or especially busy time.

Jorja - thread junkie

Comment

Jorja,
            Do you keep a hankie handy for the drool when you go into the warehouse? :wink: I can't even imagine what it must look like-rows and rows of shimmering thread. I get excited just thinking about it. lol
            eileenkny 8)

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
            Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Naw, I put my bib on while still in the parking lot. It is a near-religious experience though, :wink:

Jorja

Comment

did I read somewhere here of someone using Bottom Line in the top as well? Or did Libby say something about it at the Super Seminar? Or did I dream it? I used it top & bobbin for a bunch of tacking, and only towards the end (of HUNDREDS of tacks) did it begin to have problems, and now it's doing it on a straight stitch as well... the top thread is fraying, somewhere after the take-up lever, but before the needle... any ideas what might be happening, or should I just give up on using it in the top? I can't recall why I even began this, but something made me give it a try... your thoughts?

Frustrated, Florence

Comment

I wish a LQS carried superior threads.... I put a bug in their ear at the closest LQS but I am not holding my breath!

Carla

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                    did I read somewhere here of someone using Bottom Line in the top as well? Or did Libby say something about it at the Super Seminar? Or did I dream it? I used it top & bobbin for a bunch of tacking, and only towards the end (of HUNDREDS of tacks) did it begin to have problems, and now it's doing it on a straight stitch as well... the top thread is fraying, somewhere after the take-up lever, but before the needle... any ideas what might be happening, or should I just give up on using it in the top? I can't recall why I even began this, but something made me give it a try... your thoughts?

Frustrated, Florence
                    florence, you could have a bit of fiber in the tension control that's causing your fraying..a friend of mine used to "floss her machine" occasionally. take a small length of thread and run it back n forth thru the tension area. also, when you unthread your machine, never pull the thread backwards, but out the direction it goes when sewing.
                    hope that's clearer than mud. :roll:

Comment

Florence,
                      If you've been sewing a lot, you could have a burr or the thread may have worn a tiny groove in one of the tension areas.

The problem I have with Bottom Line is that it's so thin, it's hard for me to pick it up with my fingers. It's like hair. Drives me crazy :shock: !!
                      eileenkny 8)

Comment

I've been using some Superior threads on my Gammill. It really loves Signature and PermaCore but I'm training it to like King Tut and LAVA. I love the color gradations in the Superior more than the Signature-they're much more subtle.
                        eileenkny 8)

Comment

I would have thought the same thing about something in the tension area or a burr, but in between this first happening and now, my baby went in for service & supposedly is all better now! They did find a thread caught up in the tension area, so I know they were in there looking! I really haven't sewn much lately with anything other than the Bottom Line so I may have to do some of that tonight & see what happens to a cotton thread...
                          thanks for the input!

Comment

Hi Florence, it was probably me who said I use it in the top and bottom. I have not had trouble with it shredding. One thing I thought of was ...nope that wouldn't be it because you said it happened near the needle. I would write to Bob and see what he has to say about it.

Comment

Thanks Ritzy, at least I know I wasn't dreaming! I didn't get much sewing time last night so still want to try out cotton so I can get an idea if it's the thread or the machine, but DUH thanks for reminding me about Bob as a resource!
                              Florence

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X