[vb_main_1]

Do you own either of these spools?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you own either of these spools?

Hello there fellow TQS members. I am trying to locate the owners of these two spools from the Wot RoTT exchange. I have made my quilt top and stitched everybody's name/screen name and location on either side of their spool. Unfortunately, I have two spools which came to me without a name or address attached. Could either of these spools be yours? Please email me if they are. All I need is as much of your name as you would like to impart as well as your location in the world. It would be a shame to leave two spools without names for posterity. Many thanks for having a look.

I posted this about an hour ago but then it disappeared because of the time difference so I am hoping that by commenting it will reappear.

Comment

I couldn't take part, but maybe another comment helps to bump this up, Rita. Lovely quilts! I hope you can identify the two 'spool makers'.
      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Thanks Lorchen. Very good of you.

Comment

Sorry I can't help Rita. The purple one on the quilt might be mine, but I am sure it is named already. Love your quilt and the applique. Is it needle turned, or raw edge? Good luck finding the makers of the two spools.

Comment

Thanks Cathy, yes I do have one of yours. It is all raw edge applique - I think it's put me off for life! :lol:

Comment

Oh happy day! I recognize mine in the bottom right (the blue one!). What fun!

Comment

Indeed it is Beverley, and lovely it is too.

Comment

Thanks, Rita! Your applique border is beautifully done. Is that from Edyta's book or your own design? And on another subject all together, several years ago you paid tribute to your dear friend, Maeve Binchy, when she passed away. Because of your mentioning her as a wonderful author, I and nearly everyone in my little sewing group have read all of her books. Judging from the characters in her books and the stories she wove about them, she must have been a glorious person to know. I just finished her last book. We all think of her characters from time to time as she placed them in our hearts. Thank you for introducing her to all of us here. Beverly

Comment

Rita, I can't help with the spools in question but I wondered if this post should also go into the general forum... I forget what it's called This and That perhaps?... where more members might see it.

I also love love love your border!! The addition of fushia's, pansies, and shamrocks surely makes it a one of a kind Irish quilt!! It's beautiful! I have my top almost complete - have fused the applique border but not stitched it yet, so it's awaiting that.

I think I see a spool that might be mine - turquoise one in the center of the picture lying flat on the table. I sure hope it's mine!!

Comment

Hi Michelle, yes it is your spools! Glad you like the border. I am not sure if there is any point in putting it on the forum somewhere else because it will have come up as 'View new post' no matter which heading I put it under. But I will give it a bash, thanks.

Comment

Still looking for those two 'spool makers'??
                        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

No Lorchen, I found their owners and they are now properly accredited in the finished quilt.

Comment

Yay! Success. One happy Rita.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X