[vb_main_1]

Easy binding technique on which show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy binding technique on which show?

I dont' know where to find it. I remember it looked so much easier than the other technique. The tails nested in each other. Can't remember which video. Maybe If I look through them. It was a woman on the show who did this technique. I am binding a baby bib and it's good practice. Can't seem to find the post which has the link to an index. Jan

Found a link to you tube for a tutorial on the easy finishing technique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh90tXr7g4 It has some good suggestions such as cutting off the batting 1/4 inch further out from the edge of the binding after sewing on the binding, so the quilt stuffs the binding nicely. For a show quilt you probably shouldn't do this ending method.

Comment

Alex shows how to finish the tails of binding here: http://watch/watch-shows/video/show-...photo-artistry
      It's at the beginning of episode 211.

Also in her classroom here: learn/classrooms/

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I just finished the binding. Somehow in quilting it, it got small around the neck hole, so now velcro won't do. I think I'll sew some elastic between the ends so it can be popped over the baby's head. It is stiff enough to stay put. Wish I had a small baby to try it on before I sew it. It was quite pleasing to see how nicely the minkee quilted up with a batt in between.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Jan, I love the placement of the sun and moon--everything else revolves so nicely around it. I'm sure you'll find a good solution for the neck. The quilting fits the bib perfectly.

Comment

I think I'm going to sew strips of the cloth to make ties. I don't think that's ideal but I've never heard that was a problem.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X