[vb_main_1]

Muslin in BOM is not same shading

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslin in BOM is not same shading

I have completed putting together an online block of the month series and the muslin mailed to me in the kits each month for the applique background is not the same shading. Is there anything that can be done at this late stage? :cry:

Have you contacted the shop you bought the kits from? Perhaps they have some ideas.

Comment

If possible, you could tea dye the muslin all a wee bit to pull it together more.

Just one idea. Even if it is already constructed, you could carefully do this.

Comment

I am assuming that this is a background fabric, and I know nothing about the quilt.
        Do all the blocks have to match? Could you see it as a design feature rather than a flaw?

Comment

For the one block that was so much lighter, I blocked it off with carpenter's tape and used a paint brush to brush the background with tea. This works! The varible shading in the other muslin background blocks and border work well with this block as a nice design feature. I do not know how it will stand the test of time but for now it is good. (The quilt shop did not return my email question.)

Comment

Sometimes, you just have to pick up the phone.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
            Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 38 users online. 0 members and 38 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X