[vb_main_1]

Using EQ5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using EQ5

I am trying to design a new quilt using EQ5 - and I can't remember how to move blocks around in a design once I have coloured them in. Do I need to save them to the sketchbook? Thanks a lot - there is usually someone around to help! :roll:

Originally posted by gloucestershirelady
    I am trying to design a new quilt using EQ5 - and I can't remember how to move blocks around in a design once I have coloured them in. Do I need to save them to the sketchbook? Thanks a lot - there is usually someone around to help! :roll:
    Are you trying to move a block from one location to another in an existing quilt, or to place them into a quilt?

To start with, you would put your chosen blocks into the sketchbook. Then when you get a blank quilt on the screen, you place the blocks into it. Select the icon for placing blocks near the top of the column of icons. that will pop up a window with the blocks in your sketchbook, and you can click on the one you want. then you can place it one by one, or Alt-Click (windows) to do alternating, or CTRL-click to put the block in every empty space.

To move them around, you would just put another block in the space occupied by your unwanted block.

Hope this helps! If not, please let me know.
    kathy

Comment

Thank you! That does help a lot!

Comment

Good- the EQ interface is a little bit hard to figure out just from looking at the screen. once you buy in to the workbook idea, (sorry i blanked out and can't remember what the actual name is- a senior moment?) it makes more sense. They must think it's like taking the blocks you decided to make and putting them all in a plastic box, then taking them out and putting them in your layout. Anyhow, I do like EQ and use it all the time when designing a quilt or working out a color scheme.

Kathy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 31 users online. 0 members and 31 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X