[vb_main_1]

Help! I ironed over disappearing ink lines

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! I ironed over disappearing ink lines

I don't know what I was thinking but I ironed over some disappearing ink lines. Does anyone have any adivise on how
    to remove the ink or is it set on the fabric forever. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to remove the purple lines.

Was it actual ink? If so I do know that if you soak ink stains on fabric in milk it will loosen the ink and then it can be washed in the machine. Good luck. Rita.

Comment

Along these lines--when I have gotten ink marks on clothing I have use a cheap hair spray on them and then washed and they came out. I would try this if nothing else helps.

Comment

Hi, if it's the purple air erasable ink or the blue water soluble ink, in my experience, when you iron over them, they are set in the fabric. Maybe someone else knows how to get the marks out. A ball point pen mark is made with different chemicals that are soluble in hairspray, but that wouldn't work for these marking pens.

I once made a garment (before quilting ) and ironed over the markings on the cuff. As many times as I washed that garment, the marks were still there

Kathy

Comment

Sorry to say, but everything that I have read about these markers are they are permanent once ironed.

Comment

Applique over them if all else fails, or use one of the fancy stitches on your sewing machine that's wide and dense enough to cover them.
            From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I don't know if this will work, but how about WD-40? It took care of kitchen grease on my shirts that had been through the dryer. spray it, let it sit, then wash it with dish soap (or probably anything) and then put it through the wash.

Comment

YOu might just try soaking it with some of that bleach designed for colors...soak it a pretty good length of time...and then washing it. I have gotten it out that way after I did the same thing a couple of times. I never use it anymore....I only use chalk pencils and crayola washable markers, which so far have come out even if I do iron over them.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X