[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Help! I need motivation ! Any hints?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, even with Big Bernie gone to hospital....I managed to move a quilt from UFO to WIP !!
    This little guy is English paper-pieced and I really need to hand quilt it. It will have to wait
    'till it cools down. Can't sit under even a little one right now !!

Comment

Marilyn, I love it!!

Comment

Such a sweet quilt!

Comment

Wow marylin, love your hexagon quilt! Those "white" flowers look great. One day I'll make a hexagon quilt. I'm collecting polka dot fabrics with it in mind and trying to figure out the design/layout. :idea:

Comment

Love your hexi quilt Marilyn. When you say 'little' - how little is it?

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
              Well, even with Big Bernie gone to hospital....I managed to move a quilt from UFO to WIP !!
              This little guy is English paper-pieced and I really need to hand quilt it. It will have to wait
              'till it cools down. Can't sit under even a little one right now !!
              What a little beauty! There is a hint of Fall in the air here in PA and you'll be ready when a crisp cool day heads your way.

Comment

That looks lovely, Marilyn, and this is from someone put off hexies as a child......

Got some motivation to cut strips for my reels last night, so I did ..... Just why did it have to wait until bedtime, so I was burning the midnight oil? My darned bodyclock is messing me about again, and I will have to work on re-training it for when we get back to school routine next week :roll:

Comment

Love the colors and composition of your quilt, Marilyn. Is that more civil war fabrics? They just look lovely!

Comment

Very nice, Marilyn! You are just chugging along! Makes me want to get to some of my UFOs, but I'm realizing I'll need to start on my mom's angel quilt if I'm going to finish it by Christmas. Of course, it's going to be fun to start on something brand new, too! :wink:

Nancy

Comment

Thanks! This one is 30 x 30+ not quite square- and the hexies are 1 inch on the side. It took a few
                      TV hours to hand sew those little things ! :lol: :lol: Off the the bigger town to buy groceries and supplies..saves a little !

Comment

Marilyn, what an awesome "little bitty"!!!

Comment

One thing that motivates me is beauty.
                          This video is captivating. Makes me shed a tear or two from happiness & sadness all at once.
                          Maybe it is the music that seems sad.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C_40...eature=related
                          Wish I could capture the lyric movement in fabric. Reminds me of Libby Lehman's ribbons.
                          What do you think?

Comment

Thanks, Roseanne! That was very beautiful! You're right, reminds me of Libby Lehman's work, too. Wish I could produce something like that!

Nancy

Comment

Lovely Marilyn, another one down

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Well, Wendy... at least to the WIP pile !!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 214 users online. 0 members and 214 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X