[vb_main_1]

Walking foot is jumping instead

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking foot is jumping instead

:? I can't figure it out. I have been sewing this style of quilt for years, a simple 9 inch square with two pieces of flanal material and batting. Same sewing machine, a brother CS-8072 and what i think is a sa-169 walking foot.

My problem is now every couple of stitches, the foot either jerks left and right or comes completely up a whole inch and ruins the stitch. This has never happened before and I am stumped on what to check. It seems like it is getting hung up somewhere, but I am not sure where.

If there is anyone that can post any helpful things to check, it would be appreciated. I am trying to finish a quilt for my niece before this upcomming sunday, 12/20/2010.

Tammy

Are you sure that the "arm" of the walking foot is securely attached to the machine and that the "arm" is straddling the needle screw? Mine behaved similarly one time, and the "arm" was not in the proper position. I hope the fix is that easy for you!

Please keep us posted and let us know what the problem is and how you fix it!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 68 users online. 0 members and 68 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X