[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

I washed my red and white christmas quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color catchers are great!! The basket quilt I made for my daughter has a backing of the bright red with bright white apples. I put 3 color catchers in with the backing, they came out very pink but the apples were still bright white.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Here, here, for colour catchers and synthrapol. The quilters best friend when you have forgotten to prewash your fabrics. ops:

Comment

Warning! Prewashing does not necessarily ensure that the fabrics will not bleed. I recently made some placemats using red Robert Kaufman's "Quilter's Linen" and white Kona Cotton. I love the texture of the Quilter's Linen, but it continues to bleed with every wash. Thank goodness for color Catchers.

Also, I have a vintage blue cotton foulard fabric that continues to bleed with every wash.

Comment

I saw someone post somewhere that she has some red fabric and has washed it 8 times and it's still bleeding. I believe that Retayne is used for that to set the dye but I've never used it. I don't believe it should be used on a finished quilt because it will set any bleeding. Synthropol works with a finished quilt because it captures dye in the water so that it doesn't settle back on the fabric.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 265 users online. 0 members and 265 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X