[vb_main_1]

HELP ! Grandmother's Flower Garden!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP ! Grandmother's Flower Garden!

My cousin gave me a nearly finished twin size grandmother's flower garden quilt top to finish for her. It was started by her mother in law who passed. I need to add on the last row of about 8 blocks that are already made. I have tried to do this myself and can't wrap my brain around it.

I have gone to my quilt shops and asked in local guilds if there was anyone out there who will help me finish it. One woman took it, kept it for a year, and gave it back still in the bag. Actually, I had to track her down to get it back.

Is there anyone here willing to finish this quilt for me? Just the piecing. I'll quilt it myself. It's older material but still sturdy. I'll be happy to pay someone to finish the piecing. Please?? Don't make me do this by myself! ops:

It's definitely a challenge and needs an expert hexagon piecer.

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

Thanks!

Robin
    Santa Rosa, CA
    mailto:robindg@att.net
    Robin

No replies at all??? Bok bok bok! :lol:

No worries, I found a woman in a local quilt group who graciously offered to help me. Whew!

I'll post a picture when it's done!

Robin :wink:
    Robin

Comment

Good Luck! I was given a bunch of vintage blocks of the same pattern and have yet to think about what I'll do with them. I might just applique them to a background fabric.
      Robin

Comment

That's a great idea, Nancy! In fact, I'm going to have 4 blocks left over so I think I will applique them to the back of the quilt.

Robin
        Robin

Comment

Robin - glad you found someone to finish the quilt for you. That pattern is one that I am pretty sure I will NEVER attempt and also the reason why when I came across a nearly-queen sized one in an antique shop in Napa Valley, CA, I bought it. It was VERY reasonably priced and in excellent condition. In fact, I think I got the better end of that transaction!

Hope yours turns out beautifully and gives you many years of satisfaction!

Kathy
          Robin

Comment

English Paper Piecing is a curse in my books. I love actually hand piecing (stitching) my hexes together after drawing my seam lines. I have done the full quilt and also a number of table runners, etc. None would have happened if I was to EPP. I am considering appliqing some as well after I have hand pieced.
            Robin

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 69 users online. 0 members and 69 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X