[vb_main_1]

Duh! How to fix loosening sewing foot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duh! How to fix loosening sewing foot

I'm embarassed and can't believe that it took me nearly 40 years to resolve a recurring problem I've had occasionally with my sewing machine. However, I thought I should share this just in the off chance that there is someone else out there, like me, that sometimes fail to think of the obvious. Please don't feel obliged to self-identify.

Recently, I began trying my hand at machine quilting--I've not quite gotten the hang of free motion, so I'm just trying straight stitches for now. Anyway, I thought I would try using my walking foot for the first time. After every few minutes of stitching, the walking foot would become loose. I'd tighten it and began again, then it would become loose again. I was getting so frustrated until I noticed that the screw that I use to tighten the foot has a little slit on the head. That's when I had my "ah ha" moment.

In my serger toolbox, there was a little screwdriver of just the right size. I used the screwdriver to tighten the screw holding my walking foot in place. By using the screwdriver, I could get the screw extra tight such that it no longer loosened with the sewing vibrations.

Over the years, I've had a similar problem with other sewing feet, but I suppose I never got quite as frustrated with it before now.
    Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Don't you love it when the DAWN FINALLY LIGHTENs? I am always faced with WHY WON'T THIS WORK ? moments in sewing and in life.
    Teri

Comment

Nancy, I'm right there with you! I just finally figured it out with my newest machine!

Maggie in E. Central Illinois
      Teri

Comment

If you aren't learning, you aren't growing!

PatTheQuilter
        Teri

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 324 users online. 0 members and 324 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X