[vb_main_1]

What's this sewing foot for?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's this sewing foot for?

I got this sewing foot with my Brother Innovis and was told it was for quilting but I have never used it. Any help out there?

It's for free motion quilting, it's meant to make seeing your work easier as it's clear. You can also use the edge or the embossed inner ring as a distance guide if you're echo quilting something.

Comment

And it will probably work better if you lower your feed dogs for the free motion quilting.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I tried it for free motion quilting, but even with the feed dogs down, it holds the fabric in place so you really have to tug on the fabric to move it. That's not right is it? Or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

I am not familiar with the Brother machine, but maybe you need to reduce the presser foot PRESSURE? Check your manual and see if there is a way to do that on your machine.

Comment

Laura, I have a similar foot for my Janome and they told me that it was for quilting with thicker poly batting
            that "bounces". It is to hold the batting down near the needle. I haven't tried it, so can't vouch for the info.
            Kathy

Comment

Try the Brother website -- they probably have a "CONTACT US" link where you can send them your question.

Comment

Is there a floating setting on the machine (probably hidden in a tool menu). This foot doesn't look like it will 'hop' so it will hold the fabric unless you can find out how to make it 'float'. You may also find that once it is floating you can quilt with your feed dogs up. I do this on my machine and I love it.

Ferret

Comment

On the Brother Innovis the pressure on the presser foot is adjustable, reduce the pressure and this should float nicely. As someone else mentioned this is intended for heavier battings.

Teri
                  Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Comment

Teri, how simple! Thank you very much!!!!
                    Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X