[vb_main_1]

Looking for history of Colorado Beauty quilt block

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for history of Colorado Beauty quilt block

I am seeking some information/history on the Colorado Beauty quilt block. We are attempting to compile some historic information on several quilt blocks, and this is the one I am challenged to complete. When I google on the internet I can only find the block but no more information. I looked in my books on quilt blocks and found it in Barbara Brackmans book, but the only information was that is was published in the Kansas City Star in 1941. Any additional information would be welcome. I had hoped that living in Colorado you would have more information. Thank you in advance for any way you can help. Willa Dale :x

In the bibliography of STAR QUILTS II published by Kansas City Star Books, there is a reference to a book, QUILT PATTERNS: AN INDEX TO THE KANSAS CITY STAR PATTERNS, 1928-1961. Mennonite Press, 1985. Written by Wilene Smith. Her email is listed as mailto:WileneSmth@aol.com. Dorothymae Groves of Groves Publishing Co., P.O. Box 33068, Kansas City, MO 64114--this is another source under the bibliography. I hope these contacts are still accurate and you can get some information. Judy in Torrance

Comment

Willa, I found some more information about the Colorado Beauty block in an article from Quilter's Newsletter, Feb. 1987. The block was sent to the Kansas City Star in 1941 by a Pearl Bacon of Kansas. She called it The Colorado Quilt. QN made the comment that a similar block was printed earlier in a magazine called "Comfort" and that Pearl Bacon may have seen the earlier design. (This is from an article about Colorado state blocks--I have kept block patterns from all my old QN magazines and keep them in a notebook--I found my notebook yesterday while CLEANING my sewing area! :lol: ) Judy in Torrance

Comment

Thank you so much Judy. I'll follow up on your suggestions. Willa

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 122 users online. 0 members and 122 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X