[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

fusing gunk on iron

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diane.... You were right about the BoNash iron cleaner sheets. They work great! I used one today and my iron was clean after two passes. I can't remember the last time I cleaned it either. It was so nice.... No burnt fingers or smell and no scrubbing. BoNash is a keeper. :-)

I don't like teflon ironing board covers but got tired of replacing the cotton ones. I took a wet paper towel and cleaned my teflon ironing board cover off and I'm good to go!

Barbara

Comment

I don't fuse much, so I've never had this problem--sorry, Alex! But I read somewhere to use a brown paper grocery bag, bottom cut off, and placed around the ironing board to use as a surface for fusing to protect the ironing board cover. Judy in Torrance

Comment

I went to the Sewing Expo in Novi, Michigan, and on the recommendation of this thread, bought soe Bonash cleaner. I will try it out soon!

BethMI

Comment

I know it doesn't help with the current problem but in the future a Teflon applique sheet under your work, and an separate older or inexpensive iron just for fusing work for me!

Comment

Read down this list - the best solutions are already posted, :shock:

Comment

try a dry SOS pad if the iron is stainless steel

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but thought I would mention if you do a lot of fusing, to use a Teflon pressing sheet. NOTHING sticks to those sheets, and it saves you from getting fusible stuff in your ironing board cover. It may still get on your iron, but an iron is easier to clean than the ironing board cover. I have multiple sheets and sizes and just use what ever size I need. They also work great for keeping your table clean if you are doing any painting etc. on your fabric, just put the Teflon sheet on your table, and your work on top of it, and you don't need to worry about any messes while you are working.

Comment

and if you have a spare one put it between the iron and the fusible as well as underneath....

Comment

A lot of them fold so that you can use the same sheet on the top and the bottom. And, in the US, you can use parchment paper in the same way. I don't know what it's called overseas, but don't mix it up with waxed paper! Parchment paper doesn't stick to the iron or to the fusible.

Comment

what's more, in the event that you have an extra one put it between the iron and the fusible just as underneath.... ironspro

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 59 users online. 0 members and 59 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X