[vb_main_1]

QUILT STAND IDEAS REQUIRED

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUILT STAND IDEAS REQUIRED

My guild is holding an exhibition later in the year and we need new stands to display our quilts. We would like them not to be too heavy and easy to assemble and store as there will be quite a few required.

We need to be able to display quilts both sides of the stands.

Has anyone any ideas.

Noelene[list][/list:u]

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

check with another local guild that has a quilt show to see if theirs are available for rental.

Teri
    Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful &amp; Complicated Art!

Comment

Originally posted by littleflower
      check with another local guild that has a quilt show to see if theirs are available for rental.

Teri
      Hi Terri
      Thank you for the suggestion but we have been hiring the stands from our local Arts Centre but they are too heavy and cumbersome, hence we are looking for a lighter version that will still support the quilts

Noelene
      Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful &amp; Complicated Art!

Comment

Noelene, I hate to tell you, but any quilt stand that is sturdy enough to display quilts will probably be heavy and cumbersome. I made enough to handle about 100 quilts, and can tell you that they are not only difficult while setting up a show, but it takes a LOT of room to store them between shows.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

In our seniors park, we have frames that are used for displaying quilts and other activities. I do not know the exact construction but I know they are made from PVC pipe and the corners and on a wider base. Technically they can be taken apart and reassembled at the show. I wish I knew the actual dimensions but I know we have displayed queen sized quilts on them. Ann

Comment

My guild has several stands that the husbands made from wood. There are bases that remind me of the old paperdoll stands. Across the top, we use a metal pipe. We even have hand held wooden props with a "Y" at the end that help us lift the quilts. We require sleeves on big quilts and smaller ones are grouped and pinned onto sheets. The band at the top of the sheet acts as a sleeve. There are several holes drilled at the top of each pole for pegs which allow us to hang pipes in several directions. They are very sturdy and one pole can support pipes in 3 or even 4 directions.

The problem is that the stands stick out and can be tripped over. We usually place folding chairs there and people can use them to rest during the show. We're a rural group and we have several members with pick-up trucks and barns to store everything when not in use. We do often rent our equipment to other groups.

I once saw a show where everything hung from the ceiling by little chains. I think they must have used PVC pipes through the sleeves of sheets or quilts. No stands required at all!

Hope this gives you some ideas. Nancy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X