No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Calculating sizes of setting triangles - ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculating sizes of setting triangles - ?

This has probably been covered before, but does anybody know of a site/link that gives the formula for working out the sizes of setting in triangles? Thanks!
    Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

[quote="gloucestershirelady"]This has probably been covered before, but does anybody know of a site/link that gives the formula for working out the sizes of setting in triangles?
    Try this site. http://www.mccallsquilting.com/artic...point_settings
    Jenny in Oz
    Jenny in Oz

Comment

This should help you.

http://www.patchpieces.com/quiltsettings.html

Maggie in E. Central Illinois
      Jenny in Oz

Comment

You can find directions at this site:

http://www.quilterscache.com

Mary

Comment

Thanks so much! J x

Comment

Hi, I use an app on my i-phone - if you type in quiltref on the search, it should bring it up - it is just for calculating setting triangles - perfect.

Comment

If you measure the side of the triangular space you'll need to fill, that will be the measurement of the short sides of your triangle. I always add an inch or so; that way I have plenty of wiggle room.

Or, get out your calculator...the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the square of the remaining two sides! A calculator that does square roots makes the calculations easy.

If you're cutting triangles from squares, remember that if you want straight grain on the outside edge, you'll need to cut quarter-square (not half-square) triangles.

Comment

Originally posted by leafy
                If you measure the side of the triangular space you'll need to fill, that will be the measurement of the short sides of your triangle. I always add an inch or so; that way I have plenty of wiggle room.

Or, get out your calculator...the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the square of the remaining two sides! A calculator that does square roots makes the calculations easy.

If you're cutting triangles from squares, remember that if you want straight grain on the outside edge, you'll need to cut quarter-square (not half-square) triangles.
                Too much math for me. :roll: That's why I have EQ7.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 269 users online. 0 members and 269 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X