[vb_main_1]

Fabric Painting using the BSR

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric Painting using the BSR

I am trying to do some fabric painting on a wall hanging that I'm working on. The problem is I'm using invisible thread in the bobbin and Sulky on the top, however, my invisible thread keeps on breaking.. what am I doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated.
    Pat

Hi Pat! I would suggest using a different bobbin thread. I love Superior's Bottom Line for thread painting. Even though it looks like a skimpy little thread, it's not -- it's very strong. And since it is thin your bobbins last a lot longer. It's so nice not to have to change your bobbin every few minutes if you're doing some dense thread painting! You could also use the same thread in the top and bobbin to reduce the chance of seeing some bobbin thread peeking through. You may have to adjust the tension to get it right where you want. Another good idea is to use a stabilizer like you would for machine embroidery because that's kind of what you are doing -- it's just that you're guiding the machine instead of the computer! Or you could hoop the area you're working on to create. Here is a great free video workshop that you may enjoy....

http://98.129.44.69/ThreadPaintingSt...titude-10.html

Hope that helps!

Comment

I also use bottom line when thread painting and it works great. If I am using my domestic machine I find that it works best if I use a stablizer and a hoop, especially when I'm doing thread work over fused applique.

Comment

That was a very good video Bridget... thanks for the lead

Carla

Comment

Hi Bridget...thanks for your help, however, that thread is not available in the area of Nova Scotia were I live. The project is almost finished except the area's where I want to thread paint on the existing fabric. I wasn't sure if I was having tension problems or not. I watched the video and loved it..

The wall hanging that I'm working on is quilted in most of the areas. I just wanted to add some dimension to it.

Comment

I'm presuming you're a brave quilter with thread painting. Here's my suggestion, mark where the normal tension is on your bobbin case, then turn the screw to the left, just enough to ease the tension and allow the monofilament to ease through a bit easier. Try it for a minute or two, if it's still too tight, loosen just a bit more. Be careful not to pop the screw out it would be a pain in the toukas to get it back in, and probably a trip to the dealer.

Happy quilting!
            Teri
            Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Comment

Great video-thanks!
              Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 312 users online. 0 members and 312 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X