[vb_main_1]

Sharon Shamble basting a quilt method

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharon Shamble basting a quilt method

Does anyone have the link to Sharon Schamber tutorial on basting a quilt top to batting and backing??? I have heard about it but have not been able to get to that page so I can figure out what everyone is talking about.

Please post the link here.. it sounds interesting and something that might help me.

Anna

If you go to YouTube and type in "Sharon Schamber", several videos by her will pop up. I recommend watching all of them, the woman is a very good teacher. You can also Google her name and get to her web site. She has a Free area there with more videos, some of which are on YouTube, but some that aren't.

Pat in Rockport, TX

Comment

My word! I could have pinbasted a quilt in the time it took to view this lesson, even with DSL...... There's a lot of buffering goin' on..

Maybe one of my friends have the DVD and I can watch it faster...

neen

Comment

I used Sharon's binding method on the last quilt I finished in May and it is as wonderful as she says. The most perfect binding job I have ever done and no war wounds...WOO HOO! Thanks Sharon!!! I'll never pin a binding ever again.

Comment

I used Sharons method for the first time on the baby quilt, and will never do it any other way again. Just a reminder to put a cutting mat or something under so you don't end up with little needle holes in your table. My Lowes store has MDF boards. They don't warp because there isn't a grain and they cut if for me right there. I also plan to use her binding method on the scalloped edge.

Comment

I'm also wildly enthusiastic about Sharon's binding method. It produces an absolutely perfect binding. Her use of school glue to hold everything together was inspired. I've even used the glue in fashion sewing to secure a hem before sewing. Works perfectly and washes right out.

Sharon is a super teacher with some very great tips. Watching the videos online does take a little time, but the investment is well worth it.

Comment

I mangaged to get to the basting a quilt video while on lunch at work... great idea... looks like it will work well for my baby quilts..... I have been afraid to try free motiion quilting... I think this method will work for me.

Cant wait to try it.

Anna

Comment

I bought a years worth of the premium on Sharon Schamber. It is expensive, but I gotta say it is worth every single penny. I have learned and am still learning tons of high-end professional techniques. I don't always like everything she does, but her techniques are absolutely magnificent and applicable to many different things. She's a fabulous teacher. I haven't done all the videos yet, and they come with the patterns and other things to print out. I downloaded them to my computer and have them saved now. I plan to do a second year at least. Then I plan to give her a run for her ribbons....LOL....how about that for a plan? :lol:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Yes, I finally bought a year also because the free ones I found (the binding for one) were so well done and the techniques so perfectly executed, I thought I had to know the rest of her secrets! She has no aversion to sharing EVERYTHING she does and her end product is perfecto! I love it!
                  Lynn

Comment

I signed up for Sharon's site when she was having the birthday sale. It's really a good investment. Sharon is a great teacher.
                    Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

I just used that link - what a great idea! As long as there is something to protect the table top that should work fine. My husband goes a funny colour when I start pinning/sewing on the dining room table - he used to go a funny colour when I took up tap dancing and practised on the oak floor boards as well! :wink:
                      Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

Why don't you guys go over to the Sharon Schamber site and throw in a few plugs for The Quilt Show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Jacky, you've got me giggling so hard, my sides ache! :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 166 users online. 0 members and 166 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X