[vb_main_1]

dresden plate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

dresden plate

I have posted a photo in my personal pics of a Dresden plate block from the 1930's that i would like to recreate. I am a bit stumped by the centre of this beautiful block i don't know if it is 4 oval shapes appliquéd on top of the plate or if it is paper pieced starting with a circle shape and then cutting out the shape or if it is done some other way. If anyone knows how it is done it would be greatly appreciated. :? :? :?

Jenny in Oz
    Jenny in Oz

Hi Jenny, that is a beautiful block. I think one way to do it would be to attach the four melon pieces to the center triangle which would make the circle and then applique that on top of the center hole. Can't wait to see the quilt.

Dana in Olive Branch, MS
    Jenny in Oz

Comment

I thought it was interesting that The Daily Blog showed Alex Anderson's antique dresden plate! It looks very similar to yours. It definitely looks like the melons are appliqued over the white center. I liked the design with the 4 wedges and center melons matching in each dresden plate.
      Jenny in Oz

Comment

I would like to know, too. I submitted a comment on the Daily Blog asking how it was done. I wanna make that. Judy in hot AZ

Comment

If anyone is interested, I have Dresden Plate quilt that I am willing to sell. It came from an antique store - looks to be 30's fabrics. Hand quilted and beautiful. Pics on my personal profile.
          Jan in Spokane

Comment

thanks all
            Jenny in Oz
            Jenny in Oz

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 180 users online. 0 members and 180 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X