[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

spray basting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobbs has some sticky batting called Heirloom fusible. I ordered it from the Hancock of Paducah catalog. I have used it once thinking that you didn't have to pin but you do. Judy in AZ

Comment

Originally posted by jbtaz36
      Hobbs has some sticky batting called Heirloom fusible. ...
      I also bought a fusible batting in hopes that it would make this project easier but was later warned that it makes a very stiff backing. I'll experiment with it in wallhangings and smaller pieces first rather than a bed quilt. Also, I didn't purchase enough for what's become a real whopper!

Comment

Originally posted by ipquilter
        I, too, have a quilt top that reached frightening proportions! I put it away months ago cuz the thought of basting that bad boy is so intimidating! I need a couple of days and LOTS of room to spread it out. Gotta get myself real motivated!
        I hear ya! Did you view the Sharon Schamber video suggestion from pknord? I'm toying with that method in my mind. This project would need really long and wider boards which could be expensive... Plus I don't know how to manage all the diagonal seams ....

Comment

I found some 96" boards at Lowe's and they weren't that expensive. They had 120" boards too, but I'm never going to make a king-size quilt.

Pat in Rockport, TX

Comment

Originally posted by sanann
            I am really new at quilting. I bought some basting spray and used it on some fabric that I am quilting to make a pocketbook. I machine quilt so should I pin the fabric as well? It seems pretty secure, but thought I should ask for advice before messing up pretty fabric. Thanks.
            I always use basting spray and I always use a few pins, depending on the size of the project, especially around the edges. However, I hand quilt and have found that many sprays gum up my needle so bad that I have to change needles VERY frequently. The best sprays that I have found are Sulky Temporary Fabric Basing Spray, however, the cans are very small and very expensive. Now my favorite is Dritz Temporary Fabric Basting Spray. For the same price as Sulky you get double the amount and neither gum up the needle. Hope this helps.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 300 users online. 0 members and 300 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X