[vb_main_1]

Pattern search

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pattern search

I'm looking for a pattern but I don't know the name.

I saw the quilt hanging in a local hospital but they don't seem to know who made it(it's enclosed in a protective Plexiglas case)

I have a couple of pictures of it that I can post but I don't know if it's okay to do that here.

It's a beautiful quilt and I would really like to make it but I'm not experienced enough to figure it out.

The blocks are heart shaped and they are darker at the point than they are at the top. It's set on point but the hearts go across the quilt. What's cool about it is that the color range is that of a rainbow, purple, blue, teal, green, lime, yellow, orange and red.

If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it. Just let me know if I can post the picture or I can email to anyone that might know how to find the pattern.
    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

I think it's okay to post the picture. Put it in your profile or into your forum message if you can. Then you can remove it from the profile if anyone knows the name of what you're looking for.
    JMHO,
    eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I've posted a picture of the quilt in my profile.

If anyone knows of where I can purchase this pattern, I would be so happy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilaciris
        I've posted a picture of the quilt in my profile.

If anyone knows of where I can purchase this pattern, I would be so happy!!!!
        Carol, is this it?

http://quilterscache.com/P/PatchyHeartBlock.html

Comment

That looks like the quilt to me. Good job! This is an amazing website.

Comment

For another variation of this block check out the book Folk Art Quilts by Sandy Bonsib. She has a quilt block called Mosaic Hearts that is made entirely out of 1 1/2" squares.

Lilo (TQSWizard)

Comment

Carol, this is a beautiful quilt.
              Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

That definitely looks like the block. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use their color scheme, but at least I have a place to start.

Thanks Linda, I never thought to look on Quilters Cache. I've used that site before for other blocks.

Thanks everyone. Now to get started.....hmmmm, I guess I'm going to have to go through my stash and see if I need to go shopping. LOL

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.
                Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

My favorite part of a quilt.....buying all the beautiful fabric.
                  Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

The fun part of designing your quilt (aside from shopping for just the right fabric rainbow) is going to be offsetting the hearts so they overlap each other by one square. At least that's what it looks like to me in the pictures. I think you're going to have to start with the Quilter's Cache block and redraft it to do create the overlap effect.

Great quilt. Once you get the design down, it should be pretty easy piecing.

Comment

try mapping it out on graph paper. A little pre-planning can save a lot of heart ache and aggrivation.
                      Cheryl

Comment

Well, after exhausting all sources that I could think of, I finally sat down with a print of the quilt on paper and started dividing it up.

I started with the 9 patch portion of it first. That was the easy part. The sections that contain the 1/2 square triangles are another block.

Now, to put them together, I need to add another strip at each end before attaching them to the 9 patch portion. I'm not going to do that until I have all of the pieces done and then I'm going to have to put them on a design wall first.

It's not going to be an easy job getting the quilt together because of the sizes of the blocks. The 1/2 square triangle sections alternate on their orientation.

Anyway, I've been shopping for fabric as I didn't have enough of certain colors in my fabric stash. The colors have to be vibrant and although I had some that will work, a lot of my other fabrics in the color schemes are subdued in their color and I really want to stick to the vibrant colors.

I've also looked at a closeup picture that I have of one block and it seems that there could be as many as 20 different fabrics making up the whole heart.

I've been emailing back and forth with one of the members and she is going to try and make the quilt, too. We've been discussing the construction of the block with each other, and we're going to keep each other posted on our progress.

I'll post pictures of my progress, too.

Comment

Wow! What an absolutely gorgeous quilt! I love how the hospital display has words (maybe printed on the plexiglass) that echo in the quilt. Now that's a future fabric dying experiment and quilt that I will put on my future To Do list! Thanks for shaing! Mary Kay

Comment

I had thought that maybe it would be fun to try some hand dyed fabrics. I've always loved the color variations.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 172 users online. 0 members and 172 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X