[vb_main_1]

Quilting a French Braid quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting a French Braid quilt

I need advice help from someone more experienced than mr.

My son's graduation quilt is a French Braid and it really came out nicely. I am one evening away from starting to quilt it, and I really don't know what to do with it!

I am going to quilt a braid / cable in the borders, but I am stumped on how to quilt the braids. The book suggests quilting in the ditch around the separator strips and down the center of the accent squares, but other than that, I am at a loss.

Anyone quilt a French Braid quilt before? Any hints?

BethMI

I haven't done one, but saw a beautiful one at our last quilt show. It was quilted with feathers in each piece of the braid. Was gorgeous-- but maybe a bit more quilting than you are wanting to do! Please post a picture when you are done!

Comment

I was not familiar with French Braid Quilts. Beautiful pattern.

Comment

I just finished piecing the top for my first French Braid Quilt and was looking for ideas of how to quilt. How did you wind up quilting yours?

Comment

Originally posted by history1970
          I just finished piecing the top for my first French Braid Quilt and was looking for ideas of how to quilt. How did you wind up quilting yours?
          Barbara, this was originally posted on 2008. You might want to send an inquiry directly to Beth through her TQS profile.
          You can do that by simply clicking on the little envelope icon below her photo above.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

If you look on her profile page she describes how she quilted it and you can enlarge the picture a bit. I was surprised by how she said she quilted it. It sounds very nice.
            Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X