No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Long arm quilt machines, which one do you have?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long arm quilt machines, which one do you have?

I am looking at buying a long arm quilt machine....cost is a concern, but I want the best one I can get to learn on and maybe trade in to move into my dream machine. Which one do you have, how happy or unhappy are you with your machine?
    Anne

I have a sit down Tin Lizzie and LOVE it. I like moving the paper as opposed to moving the pencil. But having said that, I don't have enough room for the other long arm. There is a very wide variety of machines out there. Go to a quilt show and try them all. You will find the right fit.

Sharon in CO

Comment

I have read that there are a lot of tension issues with the Tin Lizzie...do you agree with this?

Comment

I do have some tension issues, but not terrible. It is better if I use good thread, but can tell when I use lesser quality thread.

Comment

I had a gammil many years ago, before there were bells and whistles. liked it well enough. I had an HQ16 until recently, liked it very much. I now have an APQS, absolutely adore it. :woohoo:
          If you can find somewhere to test drive a few different ones, that's a great place to start. There is a website called 'the longarm university' where people post to sell.

Comment

I have an HQ sitdown sweet 16, love it! As others have said, go to a big quilt show and try them all. I did that a few years ago, found that I like to move the quilt rather than the machine, I like the fine control possible. I like small scale quilting designs so that suits me. It's a big decision for sure!
            Kathy

Comment

There is a big quilt show this weekend which I hope to go to tommorrow, I just wanted to get some. opinios, I would rather have a quilters opinios than a salesman anyday!

Comment

No one has posted here in awhile but ...

I'm thinking of getting a Millie fitted with Intelliquilter. I've never had a long arm, but have tried most brands at shows and stores for many years. During lockdown, I'm unlikely to get any hands-on training at all. So, I wonder if I should wait or take the plunge now or wait. There are some deals out there and I think I can prob get a previously-own machine at about half the normal price if I act quickly.

What do other people have?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X