[vb_main_1]

Quilting Videos with Linda Thielfoldt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting Videos with Linda Thielfoldt

As many of you know Gammill has sponsored a series of video tutorials on Machine Quilting....

If you could choose a topic for a short video, what would you want it to be about?

What do you struggle with when it comes to machine quilting?

Would love to hear your feedback.

kind regards,
    Linda T.

Welcome to the TQS forum, Linda! So glad to have your expert advice here!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Hi Linda -

First, thanks for all of the videos you've done so far! They are very useful!! Are you looking for more longarm topics or do you want to include quilting on the DSM?

For all of my quilting, I definitely need more practice, practice, practice! If you could provide that for me, that would be great! :lol:

For longarm, my biggest problem and scariest issue is tension. Anything you can provide on tension issues would be helpful. Although, again, I think I just need practice, practice, practice! Also, a discussion of the order of quilting. How do you stabilize the quilt before doing more detail quilting? Do you baste down the right-hand edge of the quilt (looking from the front) before quilting or do you let it float? I think general stuff like that would be useful.

For all machines, hints about coming up with quilting designs is always helpful. Maybe discussions of threads and batting choices. I always find it useful to get more opinions in these areas.

That's all I can come up with now. Thanks again!

Nancy

Comment

I think the hardest is deciding how much time to spend on quilting a quilt, and then deciding what to quilt.

Comment

Linda, just wanted to say I love your videos, and I will refer back to them. I have had a Gammill Vision for two and a half years. My problem is finding time to quilt. About the time I get in a groove, something comes up and it is days or weeks before I can get back to quilting. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have more time and some of the quilts I have waiting will get quilted. One of the waiting quilts is a double wedding ring, with scallops on the edges. How would you load it for the best results. Maybe a video on loading a quilt that is not just straight sides. If I think of anything else I will let you know.

Comment

Stabilizing a quilt and troubleshooting. I bought an Artistic quilter from a quilt shop going out of business, so no localsupport. I broke a needle andnow it will sew right ,thenstart skipping stitches big and small. I can not get it to sew right. Thanks, Dixie

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 64 users online. 0 members and 64 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X